Newest Members
jake1985, cactus8, Neil Benesh, blazzeee, mmm coffee
13531 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (46), omrfople (41), zookeeper (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (Ceremony, 1 invisible), 64 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,531 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,387 Topics
491,554 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#436348 - 05/30/13 10:18 PM Re: I shouldn't be alive. [Re: CloudyFalls]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/27/14 08:45 PM)

#436387 - 05/31/13 06:45 AM Re: I shouldn't be alive. [Re: CloudyFalls]
CloudyFalls Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
BraveFalcon,

I'm very honest, I tell my therapist everything. I even told him when I was feeling suicidal, told him about my plan, which I know is a fucking death wish because in all likelihood he would've been obligated to admit me to the hospital, which I fucking HATE. But he didn't, he helped me get past those suicidal feelings for now, which is all the hospital could've done anyways. He told me that I have to limit myself to 3 drinks only, and if I can't do that, the next step is sobriety. Surprisingly he allowed me to choose any 3 drinks whenever I go out, so I could drink a 3 long islands if I wanted. That's technically 12 drinks... But after talking to many people, I think I'm going to make sure it's no more than 5 literal drinks. Not sure about at home though, but I imagine I don't need to be drinking at home.

#436431 - 05/31/13 09:03 PM Re: I shouldn't be alive. [Re: CloudyFalls]
BraveFalcon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Hi CF. Glad to hear you are completely honest with your T. I've always figured that there is no point going to a T if you're not going to be completely honest with them. Also, he sounds pretty reasonable and realistic about the alcohol issue. Sounds like you've got a good T.

Originally Posted By: CloudyFalls
He told me that I have to limit myself to 3 drinks only, and if I can't do that, the next step is sobriety. Surprisingly he allowed me to choose any 3 drinks whenever I go out, so I could drink a 3 long islands if I wanted.

I was just joking with my brother about going out and drinking long island teas the other day. Doing my best most interesting man in the world impression I said, "I don't always drink long island teas, but when I do, I get straight effffffed up."

Yeah, pretty much every time I've started the night with long island teas, I've started the next morning not knowing how I finished the previous night. Long island teas are a bad animal.

Anyway, like I've said before, you'll get through all this eventually. It may take a long time but change will come, maybe even when yo least expect it. When you're older, you'll look back on these times and remember how horrible they were, but you'll be glad that you survived them, and you will survive them. Take care. Peace,

Ken

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.