Newest Members
Bilbo408, JHJ, NowICanSee, rdc445, batman72
13229 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (60), Aaron7712 (50), Defiance Is Best (48), Interpreter (32), Kenn (57), RichardPaulPoill (70), soul (36), Tyler845 (29)
Who's Online
2 registered (oliverwendell, 1 invisible), 41 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,229 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,561 Topics
477,087 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#435622 - 05/23/13 11:07 PM Satanic Ritual Abuse
Publius Offline

Loc: OH
*Possible Triggers*

Is this for real???

I just came back from group therapy and there were a couple older women there who disclosed they had been sexually/physically/psychologically abused by Satanic cultists in what is popularly known as Satanic Ritual Abuse. During my time at college a sociology professor of mine mentioned the mass hysteria of the 1980s generated by this so-called hoax. I never gave it much thought but after hearing these women explain what was done to them I had to find out the truth. A quick internet search brought up the wiki page and a number of articles essentially saying the whole thing was/is a hoax, that such memories were likely implanted, and those individuals suggesting such a thing happened to them are actually suffering from a form of mental illness.

I consider myself a pretty reasonable guy and am willing to read both sides of an issue before making a call but this one confuses me. On the one hand I have these two women telling me about their experiences and on the other I have articles suggesting it is all made up. Furthermore, I would not put it past perps to use "satanic ritual" as guise for abusing children nor do I underestimate their ability to organize even in secret. Reading through these articles something seemed fishy though because I remember reading in other books how child sex abuse as a whole was dismissed for decades using similar explanations. Can anyone offer any insight on this one?

Edited by Publius (05/23/13 11:14 PM)
"Life is like this dark tunnel. You may not always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you keep moving, you will come to a better place." ~ General Iroh

#435623 - 05/23/13 11:24 PM Re: Satanic Ritual Abuse [Re: Publius]
pufferfish Offline

Loc: USA
Publius and others

It is all too true. I have several books on it, which I have not been able to read very well because I get too depressed reading them. My T has had patients with that background.

Those who suggest that it's a hoax are trying to deny the truth. It is not a hoax. There are guys in MS who have had that done to them. I will leave it to them to identify themselves. They have to be careful.

If you like I can give you a little more information in PM, if you are interested.

#435624 - 05/23/13 11:54 PM Re: Satanic Ritual Abuse [Re: Publius]
cant_remember Offline

You can PM me about this too. Like Puffer, I've done some research on the subject.

But he grew old, this knight so bold / And upon his heart a shadow / Fell as he found / No spot on the ground / That looked like El Dorado.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.