Newest Members
batman72, scareypt, outonalimb22, oliverwendell, Ollie
13225 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (41), barelysurviving (47), bigbob20 (71), billyp (67), Larry Mullen (69), Shawv (72), TheTwoOfUs (45)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 53 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,225 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,539 Topics
476,903 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#431899 - 04/20/13 10:36 PM Told Mom and Dad..feel better
Suwanee Offline

Chat Moderator

Edited by Suwanee (02/26/16 10:47 AM)
"His voice rose under the black smoke before the burning wreckage of the island; and infected by that emotion, the other little boys began to shake and sob too. And in the middle of them....Ralph wept for the end of innocence, the darkness of man’s heart…”. -----William Golding

#431903 - 04/20/13 10:54 PM Re: Told Mom and Dad..feel better [Re: Suwanee]
Jacob S Offline

Loc: where the shadows lie
That's incredibly brave. I'm so glad it worked out. Once upon a time when I tried to tell my mother, she told me that no one ever did anything to me and I was just making it up as an excuse for my immaturity. That's how I always assume these kind of stories are going to end and I am so happy when I am wrong.
I will always be your champion
I will always tear the monsters from you

#431905 - 04/20/13 11:10 PM Re: Told Mom and Dad..feel better [Re: Suwanee]
genedebs Offline

Loc: MO
Dear Suwanee,

Lord have mercy. Your disclosure was honest straightforward and cool. Their response was incredibly open and receptive. You are indeed fortunate. I believe they will not deny or attack you for your disclosure at the next discussion. That means they may actually be support.

Jacob and I had equally unsupportive responses. Although my mother did not deny it happened, she asked if I liked being penetrated and when I send no, it hurt, she said, then you're O K. My father said nothing.

My you continue to be blessed on your journey.

#431907 - 04/20/13 11:16 PM Re: Told Mom and Dad..feel better [Re: Suwanee]
Farmer Boy Offline

Loc: Australia

Thanks for the update.

You did good! I am sure your parents are just as proud of you now as we are. You have overcome so much to be the man you are today. You should feel proud of your self.

It made me cry - both in a bad way and a good way. A bad way becuase of the reminder of what happened to you at 13 and in a good way because of the love and support from your parents.

It is to be expected that you felt so drained. Hell I am drained and I wasn't even there.

Take it easy for the next few days if you can.

More than meets the eye!

#431910 - 04/21/13 12:19 AM Re: Told Mom and Dad..feel better [Re: Suwanee]
SoccerStar Offline

I am so happy for you. KNEW you could do it. It does help to feel better. Not a "magic bullet" but if you're blessed with supportive parents.... there's nothing on which you need their support more than this.

You can take the "Part B" discussion as a given. Probably safe to assume they won't ask about forensic details, but there's a greater chance they will be concerned about your emotional state and how your therapy / recovery is proceeding.

The feeling of floaty exhaustion and being immersively distracted by all surrounding details is so, so true. After I told my parents, I couldn't drive for the rest of that day; I'm honestly surprised you were able to ride your bike home after. Talk about overachieving....

I remember that late last year, after you'd told your wife, you were mulling whether to tell your parents as well, feeling conflicted because you thought it would allow the perp to hurt 4 people instead of 2. But now I think you see it's the other way around - there's an extra 2 people who can help you heal, who can cheer you up and cheer you on.

So very, very glad you saw it through, my friend.

My story

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of Heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#431913 - 04/21/13 01:28 AM Re: Told Mom and Dad..feel better [Re: Suwanee]
DavoSwim Offline

Loc: Midwest
I'm proud of you for following through with your decision to tell your parents. I'm happy that they were supportive and that you feel a weight off your chest. May good things continue to come your way and I hope your parents really show their love for you.

#431914 - 04/21/13 01:46 AM Re: Told Mom and Dad..feel better [Re: Suwanee]
ThisMan Offline

Loc: upper south
So happy for you, Will. Your dad and mom sound like wonderful, loving parents. The second conversation will certainly go as well as the first and as Matt said, "There's an extra 2 people who can help you heal, who can cheer you up and cheer you on." You go guy.
For now we see through a glass, darkly.

#431916 - 04/21/13 02:04 AM Re: Told Mom and Dad..feel better [Re: Suwanee]
traveler Offline

Loc: settling in the USA again
Will -

i'm proud of you.
i applaud you.
i admire you.
i envy you.

"My experience has shown me that I all too often tend to deny that which lies behind, but as I still believe, that which is denied cannot be healed." Brennan Manning, "All is Grace - A Ragamuffin Memoir"

#431924 - 04/21/13 08:19 AM Re: Told Mom and Dad..feel better [Re: Suwanee]
csasurvivor1992 Offline

Loc: Texas
Congratulations Will. I admire you courage telling your parents and I am in awe of your perspective as you discussed how sometimes terrible things happen.

I hope you enjoy today. You deserve it.
May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground, carry on. ~Fun.

#431926 - 04/21/13 08:58 AM Re: Told Mom and Dad..feel better [Re: Suwanee]
dumont Offline

Loc: No where
I am so touched by how brave and strong you are.
Thank you for sharing your story.
You make us stronger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.