10 DAILY AFFIRMATIONS FOR MALE SURVIVORS OF SEXUAL ABUSE
1) Recovery is ABSOLUTELY possible and achievable for me.
2) I will practice being DISLOYAL to DYSFUNCTION and LOYAL TO FUNCTIONALITY
3) I give myself permission to CONNECT to loving, affirmative, strong, sensitive, accepting men and women in my community.
4) I release and forgive myself for ANY responsibility I have accepted in the past for my abuse
5) My abuser (s) chose to hurt me; I will stop repeating the lie that it "happened" to me.
6) SELF COMPASSION is a necessity for my healing and growth.
7) I commit to connecting to the boy inside me today so we can play, laugh and experience joy together, even if just for a minute or two.
8) I believe deep inside me I possess the ability to face the truth of my abuse and the tools to heal.
9) I have the right and the ability to speak the truth of my abuse and deserve to be heard, understood, believed and supported.
10) Feeling is healing; as a heal, I am developing the ability to experience a wider and wider range of emotions to enhance my health and connections to others.
We have to take responsibility for what we're not responsible for.
�It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner