Newest Members
Bardock, TylerZ, PhilUK, tobefree151, firethatwounds
13333 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Joshua7723 (40), Lenny (46), lobenos (42), Navi7 (35), redsox046 (26), stompy (52)
Who's Online
4 registered (manipulated, Tom E., greenwizard, 1 invisible), 54 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,333 Registered Members
76 Forums
69,079 Topics
480,868 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#419261 - 12/16/12 06:33 AM The Darkness of a Stolen Life
Ian Alexander Offline

Loc: Arizona
A parent can be defined as someone who is a guardian or protector. A father represents a man who exercises paternal care and should be setting a positive example for their children. Children should not feel unsafe or distrust these types of people. He told me how much I was loved and realized that this was not the proper way to show it. However, I was taught a lot of the wrongs things due to being sexually abused on more than one occasion. Having him use manipulation tactics to keep his secret safe caused me to have a lot of misconceptions about a lot of things. I felt I had to put up strong barriers and being unsure of who to truly trust in this world.

I was shrouded in darkness. For so long, it seemed that there was nowhere to escape but from reality. Thoughts of doubt, unhappiness, and insecurity began to overtake me in nearly every way possible. I felt so alone, even in a crowd of people. Living in fear, it made it difficult to make friends as I was often worried that they could potentially hurt me. It seemed as though there was no place to turn, as I would often give subtle hints to what happened. I noticed that there are times when people are often busy with their lives, and that they do not take a step back to notice the small things. I finally could not withstand holding what happened any longer. It was time, no matter what the possible or even unknown consequences may be, that I finally took a risk. Now, I am learning how to become a man in ways that my father never was. I also am beginning to tell my story of survival. This is my cathartic way to begin the process of healing.

#419262 - 12/16/12 06:49 AM Re: The Darkness of a Stolen Life [Re: Ian Alexander]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Good for you! Welcome to MaleSurvivor- Ian.

You sound clear. Purposeful and honest about where'd you are coming from and where you want to go with reclaiming your life and healing the wounds of abuse and your childhood.

You can seek out positive ways to parent yourself that you need to become a better man. This is a good safe space to start that process and learn about yourself from men who understand and can relate to this work.

�It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#419263 - 12/16/12 06:54 AM Re: The Darkness of a Stolen Life [Re: Ian Alexander]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Ian

This is a good place to start.

What you wrote really resonated with me.

I was not sexually abused by my father but by his son (my half brother). My father did not protect me and when he did know he did nothing about it. My father was also emotionally and verbally abusive to me.

I am glad you spoke out.

By what you shared here I can tell you are already a REAL man. It took courage to start telling your story. I look forward to proudly hearing the rest of your journey.

Lee

#419318 - 12/16/12 11:37 PM Re: The Darkness of a Stolen Life [Re: Ian Alexander]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Peace,Rainbows & Healing

Edited by lapchinj (03/17/13 10:29 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.