Newest Members
LaneFiasco95, Kristabar, tom93, ninjei, JollyRoger
13512 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (42), barelysurviving (48), bigbob20 (72), billyp (68), Larry Mullen (70), Shawv (73), TheTwoOfUs (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (blacken, LoneWolfX), 45 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,512 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,189 Topics
490,064 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#41718 - 11/12/06 05:19 PM Re: Finally Hit (My Story)
froggy12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Marlboro, MA 01752
MDR15,
The flood waters will recede and the hope you are looking for will be hanging on to you.
Day by day it will get stronger.

You have reached the right place and put your seat belt back on, the road will be a bit bumpy now and then. Then it's back to enjoying life as a participant, not a bystander.

#41719 - 11/15/06 12:58 AM Re: Finally Hit (My Story)
Lantern Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by MDR:
I feel like a ghost when I go outside and see people that are being productive and living life. It saddens me because I have so much to offer.
I know how that feels. Every time someone says to me something like "you're a good guy" or "you're good at [x]", it just guts me because I feel I have wasted my personality - my life - or, I think it's just futile to expend any effort on trying to do anything because it's bound to fail, and it's even harder for something I might care about because knowing I've failed at something I really enjoy would be impossible to bear.

Sometimes people trying to be understanding makes the pain worse.

#41720 - 11/26/06 10:34 PM Re: Finally Hit (My Story)
lnadjsml Offline

MDR --

I just wanted to let you know how incredibly similar your own story is to mine, including age and biographical details. When I read your posts, I can see your ups and downs and they remind me of myself. But its funny, because when you are pissed off or hopeless, it is much easier for me to recognize that you're just beating yourself up. Seeing when I am doing the same thing is very, very hard. That whole rush of feelings and craziness that you described upon first getting here sounds very healthy.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know someone is out here reading what you wrote and rooting for you (and all of us) to take your life in your own hands and never feel that horrible sense of doom and failure again.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.