Newest Members
RickyEurope, Tellurye, Jessemccoll, Jluke1s, NobodyCT
13268 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bossman (63), DMCarrollG (37), helpme (50)
Who's Online
5 registered (Dan99, iaccus, 3 invisible), 51 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,268 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,773 Topics
478,664 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#413776 - 10/20/12 09:37 PM Re: When You Felt Safe [Re: Jude]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Thanks for the feedback guys. I finally came up with something. Between the ages of birth and 7, I lived next door to a boy my age who was a daily playmate to me. Behind his house, on the edge of the woods there was a group of large boulders with gravel around them. We would bring our big yellow Tonka trucks down there and play for hours. Made forts out of the boulders and tree branches. Climbed on the boulders and jumped off. Once we made "dynamite" out of some sticks and some string and tried to blow up a boulder by lighting the string with matches. It didn't work, but we got caught with the matches by his mother and got in trouble. That was a safe place, a world unto itself with no grownups and no older siblings to bother us. Just doing the work of boyhood. We called that place: "Down By The Rocks" and I'll be going there in my mind regularly from now on. Joinme there if you like. I'll be the boy with short blond hair and a big smile.
Weep not for the memories
Sarah McLachlan

#413793 - 10/21/12 05:18 AM Re: When You Felt Safe [Re: Jude]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: settling in the USA again
i love it. you can be king of the mountain!
"My experience has shown me that I all too often tend to deny that which lies behind, but as I still believe, that which is denied cannot be healed." Brennan Manning, "All is Grace - A Ragamuffin Memoir"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.