Newest Members
lilgas69, Humfrey, devon46, TheOceansSong, Yury
13129 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (53), CAW1980 (36), Fissy Tsickens (55), Kris (54), Wheatthins (25)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,129 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,087 Topics
474,238 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#399877 - 06/09/12 07:03 AM A Long Time Coming
Sleep Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello to you all.
I just want to introduce myself as a 41 Y.O. survivor who just two days ago has decided to go public with my issue after dwelling alone with preoccupation for about 10 years (I previously had done a fine job of repressing with liquid self-medication)
I do not know how this will unravel, but it is my hopes that I find some answers as well as look forward to the possibility of somehow providing help in the future.
It is day number three and I am still alive. I barely made it through day number one without following through with the big "S".

#399880 - 06/09/12 07:25 AM Re: A Long Time Coming [Re: Sleep]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Welcome Sleep,

I celebrate your courage to come forward and search for the relief of sexual abuse recovery. Your belief that you will get through this, that you will survive has already been proven in our life. You are here, you have survived. You are a success already, and the rewards of careful recovery are just beginning.

You are now surrounded by a family of survivors. We are eager to listen to your story, to support and to share with you so that you are aware of our path and can find understanding and companionship. You are our fellow survivor, and we are yours.

Many more days are ahead of you, the answers are coming.

Sam

#399883 - 06/09/12 07:44 AM Re: A Long Time Coming [Re: Sleep]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Welcome into the light!

This is where real life can be found-not the escapist, mind numbing repression and half life we used to live. It is not easy-it takes courage- and it will bring you to a better place if you keep seeking help and working to improve your life.

Make use Of what this site has to offer!

�It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#399888 - 06/09/12 08:46 AM Re: A Long Time Coming [Re: Sleep]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
HI Sleep

Welcome to step one, "TELL SOMEONE" well done man, and trust me as a man that has been through the ringer, The big S is not needed. Life as a thriver is great, being able to face things with a clear objective mind is great.

Heal well Brother
Martin

#399891 - 06/09/12 08:51 AM Re: A Long Time Coming [Re: Sleep]
KMCINVA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Welcome Sleep--I am glad you are waking up the past and accepting what happened. It clears the mind and soul--not always expediently or without pain, but the result is a sense of freedom and the ability to feel happiness and joy.

#399895 - 06/09/12 11:12 AM Re: A Long Time Coming [Re: Sleep]
Sleep Offline

Loc: Maryland
I can't begin to say how appreciated and welcome i feel. I have to find a place to state my story. Don't know where to start.
Thanks.....So tired.

#399960 - 06/10/12 01:28 AM Re: A Long Time Coming [Re: Sleep]
Anomalous Offline

Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor

Hi Sleep,

Welcome to MS.

I am glad you have found this place of healing and support.

I am also happy that you have chosen the road to recovery rather than the big sleep.

Take your time and look around. You do not want to trigger or inadvertantly traumatize yourself by reading too many posts at one time.

At your own pace, read the boards and wander into chat. The lounge (chat) is open 24 hours a day though it isn't always populated.

We also have moderated chats called Healing Circles. They meet on Sunday and Wednesday evenings at 9pm eastern time and one on Tuesday at 19:00 UTC (European and African time zone - 2PM Eastern US). The HC on Tuesdays is scheduled to resume in September.

Again, welcome to MS.

Anomalous

#400008 - 06/10/12 02:43 PM Re: A Long Time Coming [Re: Sleep]
peroperic2009 Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hi Sleep,
just take it easy and look to share your story with us.
We all are masters of repressing some stuff and it is not easy to break that habit after many years.
Please take care of yourself and keep sharing with us!
Pero

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.