Newest Members
Meyekell, Muyoso, kaa, bsm, davkli
13206 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob Wheelock (80), iciyapitate (52), Seekingwisdom (58), The Dean (80)
Who's Online
2 registered (zookeeper, robwk1988), 63 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,206 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,417 Topics
476,070 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#383520 - 01/26/12 09:51 AM treatment
dover2011 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: AR
My life has been one day od shame and depresstion after another, been living this way for over 30 years. I talked about my sexual abuse for the first time a year ago after keeping it all inside of me for many years, Which caused many issues in my life two marrige where I cheated on them, shame, quilt, self blame, anger, intermicy issues, lack of enjoying sex and not wanting it any more at all, affection issues, knowing what love is, never feeling like I fit in any where, makeing friends, my past keep coming up, trust issues, lonlyness, sadness, where can you go and get the help you need do anyone know of a treatment center for help we have none at all around where I live no treatment center or support group. Need to get into a 28 day program before my marrige fall apart for the third time. This marrige we have many issues, boundies, person space, trust, understanding, intermicy, affection issues, I pull away all the time help help help

#383527 - 01/26/12 11:39 AM Re: treatment [Re: dover2011]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi, Dover.

I am not sure exactly where you are at. On the front page of malesurvivor is a link to finding a support group.

As far as getting into a 28 day program, do you have a therapist who can assist you? If not is there a crisis line in your area that you can call to inquire about resources?

I relate to what your saying very much!!!

Peace,
Avery

#383534 - 01/26/12 12:48 PM Re: treatment [Re: Avery46]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Hey Dover,

Have you been able to at least read some of the articles on the MS website about recovery and learning to take care of yourself?

What books have you read about recovery? There are over a dozen good books men here and MS itself recommends at:

http://www.malesurvivor.org/adult-survivors.html

There are treatment centers for alcohol, drug, and sex addiction and co-dependency, I"m not sure there are treatment centers for the various issues/consequences of abuse and 30 years of life that you are facing.

I know I got a lot of healing from recovery from sex addiction that taught me intimacy and stopped me piling more shame, remorse, etc. into my life. 12 step groups there helped me.

Reach out for resources and support and keep sharing here and asking for what you need to be healthy and happy. Keep showing up.

Jamie

�It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.