Top 5 deathbed regrets! http://lifestyle.sympatico.ca/living/palliative_care_nurse_reveals_top_5_deathbed_regrets/310eaae8
I wonder how many of us have lived our lives in regret over so many things. Its a lesson we all can take from. For me, my five I am working on b4 the bucket:
1. not living who I should be for so long - I am now the man i want to be and its so freeing
2. not appreciating those who are kind to me, small acts need to be acknowledged. People say I am not a douche now(almost).
3. telling my kids and my family including my cranky older brother "I love you" and not expecting a reply.
4. hoping i dont end up alone but accepting that if i do, i did all i could to just be myself.
5. stop second guessing myself, if i make a decision stick with it to the outcome. Thats what a man has, a conviction in his actions. Part of the negative self talk is the indecision. Follow the way that seems right, if it isnt -change it, do something else. But stop bitching already.
I like this insight from the near end, now off to the gym and work it. Not on my list but I would hate to leave a corpulent corpse.