Newest Members
twinker, LaneFiasco95, Kristabar, tom93, ninjei
13513 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bcb00 (41), beginning (37), Gary H. (44), jewelmom (66), kdg2310 (58), Li Yuki (2017), monarchnaps (39), Neverquit (33), Nord (61), SoSad (48)
Who's Online
7 registered (SDD757, Ceremony, Bluedogone, Max1969, 2 invisible), 68 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,513 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,197 Topics
490,133 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#382156 - 01/12/12 07:50 AM Back to really bad news
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
I went away to visit my Dad for his 80th birthday, and took my daughter with me. We had a really great time with Grandpappy and swam in the sea and went out and had fun.
I would call my wife, with whom I am having a bit of a strained relationship, and found her very distant and not really happy to talk to me.
On the one day I went and met with a T who has helped me tons long distance, and before I met with her face to face for the first time, My wife called and wanted to talk to me desperately.
I went somewhere private and said what's up babe.
The response I go was one I did not expect in a million Years.

"I HAVE BEEN RAPED"
WTF who, what, what are you talking about?
Turns out that her cousins husband, who knew we were away, called her and offered a shoulder to cry on because of the problems she is having with me.
He slipped her a rohipnol, (Date rape drug) or something, played the hero and drove her home and raped her.
What the fuck,
How do I take it from now, she doesn't want to prosecute, and am not going to force her. Perhaps next week she will change her mind.
What can I do right now to deal with this, beside killing the fucker?

ADVICE PLEASE

#382158 - 01/12/12 08:01 AM Re: Back to really bad news [Re: whome]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
By me saying "you don't want to hear my advice," pretty much gives away my position. I'm SO SO SO very horrified for the both of you.

I want to gather-up my hardware and make it right.

I don't understand this world, and right now I don't need to understand one more thing to act. I honestly believe an adult male doing such a thing to another is fully leaving himself open for certain results...and this guy knows that.

God....I hate this. I don't get it. I really don't. But the clear results were clear to that bastard when he plotted this.

I'm sorry this may not be a healthy reply...but its all I've got to offer when a terrorist is in our midst.

#382160 - 01/12/12 08:16 AM Re: Back to really bad news [Re: whome]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is very disturbing. I am very very sorry you ALL are going through this, and will be for some time.

Please, please find a way to report this crime. Silence will empower the perpetrator to do it again...and again. If his crime is covered in silence, he will be forever empowered and you and your wife will regret it deeply.

His future victims may never be his victims if he is exposed now.

#382162 - 01/12/12 09:05 AM Re: Back to really bad news [Re: WriterKeith]
peroperic2009 Offline

Loc: South-East Europe
Dear Martin, this is really upsetting.
Please be support to your wife and try to push her a little bit to get some help. She must be in shock, maybe in denial or whatsoever. You have huge experience in dealing with survivors don't let things go of out of control. Take care that she talk to someone who is professionally skilled to give support to victims. Please, she needs it as soon as possible...You have huge knowledge use it.
Thing that you know attacker is disturbing and could cause a lot trouble to both of you in near future. Maybe you should also talk (again as soon as possible) about it with your T and get some support? I'm freaked out just by reading it, can't even imagine that something like that happened in my closest family; I would be like timed bomb with very short fuse if someone close was attacked in such way..
I'm with you both in my prayers!
Pero

#382167 - 01/12/12 12:02 PM Re: Back to really bad news [Re: whome]
westchesterguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Westchester County NY
Originally Posted By: whome
...What can I do right now to deal with this...

what a horror.

must say in all my life have never experienced someone in my life who was raped "presently." it was always something from the past.

i think its easy to come up with an emotional response such as ways to react or act towards him. instead, i suppose i would suggest thinking of what your wife needs now, which you know, she may or may not even know herself. ''be there for her,'' as we know firsthand that alone is a pretty big element of dealing with really bad news.

peace to her.

#382168 - 01/12/12 12:32 PM Re: Back to really bad news [Re: westchesterguy]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sunnny, South East USA
Martin, I am deeply saddened by this traumatic event in your life. To love someone and have them violated creates feelings of helplessness, fear and anger. The responses here are good advice, I would add that from a legal perspective, she needs to have an exam and a blood test. If she ever wants to bring charges these things must be minimally done. He obviously planned this, so there may be other victims you may find in her family.
The emotional and supportive side is to be very patient and supportive with her. Let her know she is very important to you, be physically present and reassuring. Please remember, you are the support here, not the counselor. She may not want to talk about it, perhaps feeling it is a burden with your situation. Don't pry. Offer to take her to a rape counselor, therapist, lawyer or the police. She needs to be in an environment that is calm so that she can feel safe and open herself to the trauma and begin to heal.
There is a time limit on the tests, but ultimately all you can do is encourage with urgency. Please know her embarrassment and shame may fight against your will to charge the perpetrator, albeit unwittingly.
I cannot fathom the pain this tragedy has filled you with, Martin, and hope that you and your wife will find peace and closure,
Sam

#382171 - 01/12/12 01:01 PM Re: Back to really bad news [Re: SamV]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Please try to get professional support for her like other men have encouraged.

I posted an article here yesterday about facing trauma as adults - I think that might give u some real life example and perspective as to how to proceed.

Bottom line, no one can face trauma alone. Isolation and secrecy kill us. Try to be safe and strong and get the help she needs. She is terrified.

�It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#382176 - 01/12/12 03:39 PM Re: Back to really bad news [Re: Mountainous Buck]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi All

Thanks for the support and Kind words.
It has been a traumatic situation, given that it is someone in the family that perpetrated this crime.
My friend, who found her at home the day after, arranged for all the rape kits and the blood tests to be done, he even went so far as to Bag the cloths she was wearing for evidence. Quick thinking.
A trauma councillor is seeing her and, I must say that she is responding well. She has her ups and downs.
I had the unenviable task of calling his wife, (My wife's cousin)and telling her what a despicable little piece of crap she is married too. Not fun.
I also sent him a message telling him that we have had blood tests, and a rape kit done, and that I am coming after him with all that the law provides.
I still await a response to this. (doubt I will ever get one)
So thanks again for all the kind words and the support. I really appreciate it.

Martin

#382179 - 01/12/12 03:43 PM Re: Back to really bad news [Re: Mountainous Buck]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Peace,Rainbows & Healing

Edited by lapchinj (03/18/13 03:41 AM)

#382187 - 01/12/12 05:36 PM Re: Back to really bad news [Re: lapchinj]
KMCINVA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Martin

How horrible for your wife--thoughts are with her, you and your family. She needs to get professional help immediately. She will need it--now you will be on the other side, offering her support for what she has gone through. It will be difficult times for you both, but as a survivor you will understand many of her feelings of lost trust, value and worthlessness. Every time I hear of someone being raped or sexually abused my heart sinks and so many emotions run through my body and I think why does this not end. So many people are living with the affects of abuse.

I wish her well on her healing and to you and your family. Keep strong.

Best wishes,

Kevin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.