Newest Members
Meyekell, Muyoso, kaa, bsm, davkli
13206 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (66), Isreal101 (67), Phil Sober (43), phil1973 (43), Teddy Bear (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (Older1, zookeeper), 42 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,206 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,427 Topics
476,147 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#379268 - 12/13/11 12:00 PM Re: Hi guys - I'm the dirty little hero [Re: Chase Eric]
Undefeated Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Eric,

What a remarkable story and I am very impressed that you have managed to move beyond this in so many areas of your life and career. I admire you.

In your response to my intro. you said you had not experienced the extent of abuse that I did. I disagree. Yours sounded just as bad as mine, but you have overcome in ways I haven't yet. As for ever having a career or decent job, it's too late for me, but hopefully I can become a little bit functional. You've done a remarkable job in that area.

Thanks for sharing your story. I know it's not easy to put this stuff out for everyone to see, but by doing so you are helping others. I respect and admire you for that.

#379733 - 12/16/11 03:23 PM Re: Hi guys - I'm the dirty little hero [Re: Undefeated]
Chase Eric Offline

MaleSurvivor

Each of you - Ozzie (Ian), Buck (Jaimie), Lee, Chet, Martin, Robbie, Matthew, American Girl, Disappointed, Undefeated, R - your support is so very much appreciated.

I'm still a bit shy about fully sharing - I do it in bits and pieces and am working on trusting here at MS - but I am learning quickly who my friends are and that support structure is so vitally important to me.

I just wanted to say thanks from the bottom of my heart.

I recently told a friend that I didn't really think myself a "hero" and although I appreciate you saying that (it makes me smile smile ), the fact is - and I know this - you would have done the same if it was YOUR situation. And you know it. And I do. But thank you just the same.

I did, however, state the truth with my adjectives. I was rather "little" - not the smallest but not quite as big as my school mates. And the "dirty" was just how I felt. But I was also an avid boy scout (no CSA issues there for me) - I actually read the entire scout manual, and remember clearly it talking about dirt - that were were two kinds. One was the dirt of the mind - not so good - bad thoughts, perversions, criminal intents, the whole nine yards. The good dirt you could always tell - it came off in the shower. I had plenty of the latter - and suspected much more of the former. Boy was I in the wrong organization...

Being here makes me reconsider that. Maybe I should have stuck around for Eagle after all...

#379735 - 12/16/11 03:59 PM Re: Hi guys - I'm the dirty little hero [Re: Chase Eric]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Eric:

I incorporate by reference all the supportive comments of the others, above. And remember Shawn Hornbeck? He was the boy in Missouri who was kidnaped in 2002 by a molester and held as a sex slave until he was rescued by police 4 years later, not long after the perv kidnaped another younger boy. I recall hearing at the time that Shawn "enticed" the perv away from the younger boy, rather than allowing the perv to molest him. Does that sound shameful or dirty? Not!

John

#379834 - 12/17/11 10:46 AM Re: Hi guys - I'm the dirty little hero [Re: R1977]
Jim1104 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I just got here. Don't know if I have ever posted, but have been a member for a little while.

Dude, I cannot describe to you how awesome I think you are. You are not dirty, but you are an amazing hero.

#381279 - 01/02/12 03:20 PM Re: Hi guys - I'm the dirty little hero [Re: Jim1104]
Chase Eric Offline

MaleSurvivor

I thought I would update quickly - although this probably will deserve another post - that I brought in the new year deep in conversation with a co-survivor, finally discussing the secrets we haven't shared for so many years. We started talking about 10 minutes before the actual new year began, sitting in the living room with the TV blaring revelry and celebration in the other room. Our conversation closed out 2011 and lasted through the first two hours of the new year.

We were both sexually violated at the hands of the same next door neighbor, and we both grew up alone - each within ourselves and our shame. The sharing has been enormously cathartic for both of us. And while I have MS and my good friends here, I don't think she has such a support structure. So the ability to share has been particularly helpful to her.

To all my friends here, I offer my deepest thanks and best wishes. I don't know if I would have been able to have the conversation I did with without everyone here at MS. Everyone. If you are reading this now, that means YOU.

Edited by Chase Eric (01/03/12 12:33 AM)
Edit Reason: Due discretion and respect with covictim's identity

#381281 - 01/02/12 05:00 PM Re: Hi guys - I'm the dirty little hero [Re: Chase Eric]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Beautiful!

Thanks for the update!

�It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#381294 - 01/02/12 07:32 PM Re: Hi guys - I'm the dirty little hero [Re: Chase Eric]
TheTwoOfUs Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks for the update. And hang onto each other. You both could very well prove to be a support system for each other.

Glad you were able to talk. And glad she was receptive to the conversation as well. You did good, Eric.

Adapt. Overcome. Survive.

#381301 - 01/02/12 08:15 PM Re: Hi guys - I'm the dirty little hero [Re: TheTwoOfUs]
just me Offline

((((Ricky)))))

#381303 - 01/02/12 08:30 PM Re: Hi guys - I'm the dirty little hero [Re: just me]
Jim1104 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Glad your new year started off so well.

Jim

#381941 - 01/10/12 02:10 AM Re: Hi guys - I'm the dirty little hero [Re: R1977]
zraver Offline

Loc: Conway, Arkansas
great job Eric.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.