Newest Members
LaneFiasco95, Kristabar, tom93, ninjei, JollyRoger
13512 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (42), barelysurviving (48), bigbob20 (72), billyp (68), Larry Mullen (70), Shawv (73), TheTwoOfUs (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (blacken, LoneWolfX), 45 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,512 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,189 Topics
490,064 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#381010 - 12/30/11 05:24 AM Putting this here too
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Because of the posting restrictions, I just wanted to post this here too in case there are any questions. I'm hoping F&F people can "use" the 700 Club segment for their survivors' benefit. So here's the same stuff again:
I created and did that 700 segment some may see so that the "religious" in this WORLD will see that we have nothing to be ashamed of and that itís not our fault...and that God does not blame us. I've been shunned by one church and basically shown the door by another for even ASKING for help. All that I thought was a certainty and true about my fellow Christians is not true at all. And the only certainty I found was deliberately cruel treatment.

I asked one mega-church for the SAME help they offer to women, after discovering that ALL the men in the Men's Substance Abuse group were abused as children either physically or sexually. When I pointed it out and asked to build a group, the church leaders flipped the fk out on me!

Look at me. I'm clearly not perfect nor a "Godly" survivor. But two things have to get out to the world before I die:

1) We happen - we are here and we are not at fault.
2) We are here - we deserve to stand and be recognized by our societies because God does not blame us...so who are YOU to shun us!?! I'm offering you MY ugly truth before I go.

PLEASE! This segment is meant more as a bull-horn for US than a stage-call for survivor's to be saved. I am no martyr and never wanted to be, but I threw my naked and bleeding 8-yo body onto the street for all the self-righteous to see...and for the "Religious" to drop ANY repulsion and pre-judgment of us because God does not treat us differently...THEY DO!!!

I hope and pray those of you who have been hurt by "religion," will at least see how the topic is treated. Bear in mind, The 700 Club was and IS the ONLY Christian entity that was even willing to poke this topic with a stick. Not only did they "accept us," they embraced us without a question! For that, I'm eternally grateful.

#381061 - 12/31/11 01:55 AM Re: Putting this here too [Re: Still]
eyesforward Offline

Loc: Ontario
Robbie, you are courageous and fearless. Thank you for standing for yourself and for the difference that will be made by believers whose eyes, minds and hearts you have opened.

You deserve a standing ovation.

CLAP!CLAP!CLAP!CLAP!CLAP!CLAP!CLAP!CLAP!CLAP!

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

#381076 - 12/31/11 04:06 AM Re: Putting this here too [Re: eyesforward]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Thank you Eyes.

I don't feel as if I deserve any accolades at all. I was just the unlucky kid who go hit by the car. I'm just the grumpy guy who hates and fears injustice.

Its wrong that we can't just tell people what happened and be embraced and healed like anyone hit by a car. Its wrong that so many of our hurts come from people and their repulsion of the victims.

But thank you for the claps (from a kid who never got any) smile

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.