Newest Members
lilgas69, Humfrey, devon46, TheOceansSong, Yury
13129 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (37), Framery (46), JohanDoug (72), ltlkty (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 33 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,129 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,089 Topics
474,250 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#379619 - 12/15/11 06:27 PM Re: Self-Sabotage as a result of CSA [Re: Undefeated]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
I love that illustration, Undefeated!

I once had the image of my life being like taking out the garbage:

I had never learned how to take out the garbage, (admit my wrongs/sins/shortcomings).

But everytime I got drunk, acted out sexually, or added chaos to my life, it SEEMED like the garbage miraculously disappeared!

When I finally got into recovery, it was like this: I stopped having the miracle trash remover, and was welcomed to a large garage out back where all my garbage had really been accumulating for years-it wasn't really taken away, just removed out of my current line of vision.

I needed a sustainable honest way to deal with my garbage.

Step One was like going through all this and finally putting it ALL behind me. There is a line in a Neil Anderson book on addiction and fear where he writes about spending time on his knees admitting all his secrets and asking God into his life: the idea of confession, admitting (I like the word "admit" because it implies stepping into something that is different from where I came from.)

This process has helped me see underneath the garbage and identify the beliefs and patterns that generate garbage in my life, and given me a MUCH larger empathy for my brokenness and desperation and the painful source of much of this in my life.

Edited by Mountainous Buck (12/15/11 06:28 PM)

�It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#380899 - 12/28/11 10:33 AM Re: Self-Sabotage as a result of CSA [Re: Undefeated]
skylar777 Offline

Loc: ohio
wow sitting here alone and reading both of your posts and being a christian who love s the lord I wonder how the Lord can except me a person who keeps failing him. I cry out every day and night for God to take me home and to stop this tourment, just like Job in chapter 19. The emptyness in my heart is heavy. I know God is there but am at a lost as to why he is allowing me to battle the demon inside of me. Like many men i did not know what my perv was doing was wrong no one ever told me it was not the normal way of life, so now how do i stop the attacks on my mind and heart. I being a practicing christian how do i cope with what i have become. I will not stop praying and i will not believe God is not real as others will try to tell me. God is real he has done many things in my life but why he has not cleaned me on this i am not sure.

I am told there is Hope ,,, if so i cling to it daily.

#380905 - 12/28/11 12:46 PM Re: Self-Sabotage as a result of CSA [Re: skylar777]
Undefeated Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Skylar,

I don't claim to have all the answers. In fact far from it, but one thing I have to come to understand is what the Bible says about why God accepts me (us). His acceptance of us is based on justification (declared righteousness), which comes through Jesus' substitutionary death on the cross on our behalf. When we place faith in the fact that Jesus took our sins upon Himself, and paid the price by dying on the cross for us, then God imputes the very righteousness of Christ upon us. Our acceptance by God, is based on Jesus' righteousness, NEVER upon anything we have done, can do or ever will do. No need to think your acceptance by God is based on your works. It's only based on what Jesus Christ did for you when He died on the cross in your place. We are "accepted in the Beloved," not on our works.

"to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace"
(Ephesians 1:6-7 NKJV)

"For He (God) made Him (Jesus) who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."
(2 Corinthians 5:21 NKJV)

Edited by Undefeated (12/28/11 02:13 PM)

#380920 - 12/28/11 04:09 PM Re: Self-Sabotage as a result of CSA [Re: Undefeated]
westchesterguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Westchester County NY
Originally Posted By: Undefeated
......"to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace"...

i am curious how that works. if "our" sins are forgiven, then doesn't it mean that my rapist's sins were too since he was part of "our"? he and i are just equals after all is said and done?

#380925 - 12/28/11 05:56 PM Re: Self-Sabotage as a result of CSA [Re: westchesterguy]
Undefeated Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Originally Posted By: westchesterguy
Originally Posted By: Undefeated
......"to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace"...

i am curious how that works. if "our" sins are forgiven, then doesn't it mean that my rapist's sins were too since he was part of "our"? he and i are just equals after all is said and done?

Jeff,

Good question. I decided to post my thoughts on this in "Spirituality and Survivors:"
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=380924#Post380924

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.