Newest Members
tom93, ninjei, JollyRoger, AnonymousJerry, Golden_Phoenix
13510 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeoDude (50), ger424 (50), peps (37), Philip (39), RememberingInMN (39), Turtle (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (Chris4TheMill, Eternal18, lapchinj, Older1), 53 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,510 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,157 Topics
489,825 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Page 11 of 20 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20 >
Topic Options
#396049 - 05/04/12 07:57 AM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
Thebo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC
speaking of posting stuff I've done, has anyone read about the photography project I posted about --"an interesting project..."

I'm thinking of doing it.

I know I'll be a mess from it. It is going to trigger. BUt I'm thinking, "look here's this woman offer a forum through art. I plan to be an art therapist. Maybe I should support her."

Do you think I'm being too simple minded about it?

Thoughts?

#396053 - 05/04/12 08:10 AM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
peroperic2009 Offline

Loc: South-East Europe
You are not simple minded Thebo wink
That project is very interesting and thinking on support her is great. But take some time to think about it, there is no need to rush with this, especially if you could be heavily triggered.
Be well!
Pero

#396165 - 05/05/12 07:11 AM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
Thebo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oh, I KNOW I'll be heavily triggered. I'm going to talk about it with my T Tuesday.

BTW, The paper has been handed in.

#396577 - 05/09/12 07:07 AM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
Thebo Offline
MaleSurvivor

One more class and one more final. Then, I can concentrate on some applications (jobs and scholarships,) get married , then relax, maybe. Oh, and keep up the work in therapy.

Tonight I did a collage to unwind -- very interesting. People keep telling me to show them in a gallery or make a book. [!?!] I would not know where to start.

For the rest of this week, though, it is studying for the Foundation of Gender Studies class final on Monday.

#396578 - 05/09/12 09:26 AM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: resettling in NE Ohio
Thebo - I'm proud of you for pushing through and accomplishing this! all the best on your final. and all the rest...

Lee
Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?...
Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails....
Habakkuk 1:2-3

#396606 - 05/09/12 04:49 PM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
Thebo Offline
MaleSurvivor

smile Thanks

#396692 - 05/10/12 08:07 AM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
Thank you for what you are doing and good luck!

#397465 - 05/17/12 06:27 AM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
Thebo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Got my paper back from the Understanding and Treating Victims of Abuse. She gave me a B+ because I expressed opinions and didn't stick to the assignment. She's right, but I could not let being "taught" that return the perp to the family model be on of the foci of the semester without expressing my feelings about it. I also could not not speak about the under-addressed issues of violence against boys and men.

She and I had a long talk. She kept suggesting that I could rewrite the paper. I know if I cut the male survivor and opinions against the perp model she would up the grade.

Personally, I am satisfied with the B+. It satisfied my need to address some of the issues I had with the course although veering off and not covering extensively what was required in the paper.
I'm leaving it as is.

For the course I got an A-. I am perfectly fine with that.

The teacher did say she was impressed with my involvement and interest in MS. She also commented on the class I shanghaied by bringing up my experiences when I was mentoring LGBT youth in group homes. It just kind of happened and I ended up leading the class (blush.) She has offered to write me a reference letter for a masters (if I even consider that I am OUT OF MY MIND!) She also said that Hunter would probably love to have me in their program.

Although she may not like that I challenged some of the of the curriculum of the class, I think she genuinely likes me and appreciates what I have to say.

Obi (and others) have expressed interest in reading my term paper. Although I am a little embarrassed to share it, i am willing (I guess.) But I don't know how to post it. How do do that?

I took my final for the gender studies class. It went well but I haven't gotten a grade. Only problem was, quite by accident, I mistook a Lunesta for another medication I take in the AM (around noon.) My final was at 8 PM and I still had to teach arts and crafts to my addicts. When i realized I had taken the sleeping pill, I went in the bathroom and, yes, put my fingers down my throat to force me to vomit it out. Honest, honest, honest, guys, I was not trying to check out! Long story short, my throat is sore, my entire body aches, BUT I was able to teach arts and crafts and take the final.

This week is all about planning the party to celebrate Stanley and I getting married this past Sunday. After that I register for fall. I'll post about that at that time.

However, I spoke with my therapist "about all this."

as soon as the final was over, I proceeded to get plastered. You all know why. I know that the chances are very good that the school thing (even a masters --Oh, God, ug!!!!) is going to work out. I could not sabotage this semester and was waiting for the something to happen to mess everything up. I have to accept that something good could/may be/ is likely to be my reality (shit! I'm starting to cry.) And its bigger than I can imagine. Emotionally this is a mine field.

So, I am drinking heavily. I'm acting out. Anything to me that is "my" "normal". My t told me it was going to be hard because I am throwing in the face of everything I believe myself to be something that is so foreign, so out of my comfort zone, that the acting out, drinking, etc. will step up a notch or two. (or more. smile )

I know the summer will be -- let's say "interesting."

For everyone here who has traveled with me on this first semester back at school journey, i am so grateful for your support. My issue with school is not the academic work; its the emotional and psychological work that goes on concurrently with it.

I am still the disgusting piece of flesh with holes meant to be raped constantly. That is how I see myself, even though I know I am an ugly old cocksucker. My T says although it is where my "authentic" experience is right now, the fact I am trying to improve defies it. And it is going to fight me . It is.

So, guys, for those who care -- I love you. That is where I am at. It is my journey.

T

#397497 - 05/17/12 02:37 PM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: resettling in NE Ohio
Ah, Thebo - so much here that is so good!

But also much that hurts!

I loved hearing everything right up to the getting plastered part.

but i get it, too...

Please be nicer to yourself.

You really do deserve it.

Lee
Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?...
Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails....
Habakkuk 1:2-3

#397518 - 05/17/12 05:05 PM Re: Moving ahead [Re: Thebo]
Mountainous Buck Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Good work-u r a scholar!

�It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

Page 11 of 20 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.