Newest Members
Toad, ColinJeffs, likelylad, PSAL, Warrior
13611 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
CanadaGuy (65), Darkheart (46), EricLA (58), Samuel C. Miles (63)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,611 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,807 Topics
494,645 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#372479 - 10/15/11 09:10 PM Speechless
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
I attended a comedy show with a friend from my survivors group last night. Our lives are require levity sometimes and going to a comedy show well, what the hell it sounded like fun. It was great till this duo used csa as the basis for part of their act. Normally I would have just been so pissed off but would have done nothing. But it upset me and i couldnt sleep last night and sent this email off this morning. Is it enough?

Ryan Steele

Attended last nights Comedy Killers at the Cultch.

I was there with a buddy from my Malesurvivors group here in vancouver.

As survivors of sexual abuse , watching you and your partner Amy Goodmurphy attempt to extract humour out of this situation is mind numbing.

It defied credulity.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=43855&Searchpage=1&Main=5765&Words=csa+as+a+punchline&Search=true#Post43855

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=243070&Searchpage=1&Main=32743&Words=csa+as+a+punchline&Search=true#Post243070

You can parody things if there is the ultimate message sent, but you just left it hanging, like it was supposed to be funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65YWK0jEz9Q
Kyle: "Dude! You have SEX with CHILDREN!"

Stan: "I mean, we believe in equal rights and all that gay stuff but, dude, f*ck you!"

Its truly unbelievable, when the rate is about one in six boys have been sexually abused and yup its funny. You could tell by the audience's collective silence that it was a real knee slapper.

---------------

I need a starbucks soy pumpkin spice latte' with extra cinammon and chocolate sprinkles. I think sometimes you just have to eat your emotions.

WoR Barrie 2011

#372484 - 10/15/11 10:24 PM Re: Speechless [Re: 1lifenow]
Sailor John Offline

Loc: Newfoundland & Labrador
So far as I'm concerned, the people who made these comments should be black-listed on all agents contact lists; they're idiots who should get no more gigs from anybody or any company, nobody at all.

This is just an unfortunate bump to your happy ending caused by idiots who don't think i.e. they engage their mouth before their brains.

Just keep up what doing what you were doing all along. It seems that you were doing all the right stuff all along. Good luck with your healing.

WE ARE NOT VICTIMS. WE ARE THE SURVIVORS!!!

#372511 - 10/16/11 04:32 AM Re: Speechless [Re: Sailor John]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi 1lifenow

Ignorance is a dangerous thing.
Perhaps our humorous friends need to be educated.
Their behavior however is unacceptable. There seems to be a general lack of any brain cells, if one would like to parody a child being raped.
But It seems from the reaction of the audience that they wont be going in that direction again.
Main thing here is that it did not trigger you guys and that you are managing, Beside your anger of course.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.