Newest Members
mmm coffee, Calibre09, FallGuy2154, Whoamitoday, Joe4618
13527 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Broken1968 (49), frankC (64), Free to be Me (63), ivor1986 (31), ivor_1987 (31), osujtp (2017), SeanTennessee (38), Shields (40), tresheridas (76)
Who's Online
3 registered (Banjo596, 2 invisible), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,527 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,358 Topics
491,339 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#357209 - 03/21/11 05:38 PM Re: my partner is struggling with my sexual identity [Re: mac80]
GettingThere Offline

Thanks for your thoughts, mac80.

To answer your question, the part she's struggling with isn't that I'm more attracted to her than to other women, but that I'm not really attracted to other women at all. I can identify physical qualities that I associate with being an attractive woman, but when I see someone with those qualities I don't feel attracted to them.

#357222 - 03/21/11 07:53 PM Re: my partner is struggling with my sexual identity [Re: GettingThere]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Getting There...

There is a saying that..."Just because you have eaten doesn't mean you can't look at a menu"...

That being said...there are those out there that are absolutely fullfilled with who they are with..and have no desire to look at the menu...

I believe there is a nut for every bolt ~or~ a bolt for every nut...(whatever your perspective may be)...

Personally...I would not try and spend a lot of energy trying to figure out what it is exactly that is not broken.

You Don't Know Me (Apparat)

island

#357320 - 03/22/11 01:35 PM Re: my partner is struggling with my sexual identity [Re: 1islandboy]
mac80 Offline

I love that last sentence, 1islandboy. Awesome.

Also, I know exactly what you mean, Gettingthere, now that you've explained it better. In my case, I'm pretty sure the reason I don't tend to see women as sex objects, is because I grew up hearing my mother say again and again that men were "disgusting" which she said with intense hatred (my father wasn't the best guy). So I grew up thinking that my mother would hate me if I looked at women in a sexual way. This can really be a bummer for me. When I see a woman the sexual reaction isn't absent, but it's immediately and severely supressed. I think it would do me and my girlfriend a world of good if I made a point of allowing myself to react to women sexually, but the sad irony is that now that I'm all grown up and away from my mother, my girlfriend would kill me! --sigh--

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.