Newest Members
Bilbo408, JHJ, NowICanSee, rdc445, batman72
13229 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (60), Aaron7712 (50), Defiance Is Best (48), Interpreter (32), Kenn (57), RichardPaulPoill (70), soul (36), Tyler845 (29)
Who's Online
2 registered (KazuKun, 1 invisible), 50 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,229 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,561 Topics
477,087 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#356540 - 03/14/11 02:54 PM feeling like screaming
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
I feel like screaming today. I yelled to the top of my voice in the car. Midday here and have no relief.

I am remembering how I would try to get away and could NOT.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

aka DJsport

#356544 - 03/14/11 03:52 PM Re: feeling like screaming [Re: Avery46]
Still Offline

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Begging them, begging for them to stop...Hating that I was entrapped by my own actions and reputation.

I think that's close to what you are dealing with...not being able to get away and all...

Someone once mentioned the word "begging" when I started recovery. I went into flashback hell for months. Memories were vivid and God-awful. They wore me down - wore me out.

One hospital had me hold ice-cubes get out of the flashbacks, but making memories go away...they just won't.

#356547 - 03/14/11 04:21 PM Re: feeling like screaming [Re: Still]
vachssfan Offline

Loc: TX

there are sort of 2 schools of thought.. one is being aggro when u feel aggro just feeds into it like a loop and makes it worse (research has shown that)

the other is to go with in some sort of *healthy* way until it's just out. THAT list is endless and honestly that's what i do. i don't care what reserach says on this one, *their* method has never really worked for me. i personally use exercise... lifting heavy stuff over my head, doing dead lifts, flipping HEAVY tires, running sprints, push ups, working a heavy bag... anything that requires my WHOLE body to do. and i'll do that until i almost cant move or i puke or both.
i also had a friend who used to take me out to the shopping center behind her house and give me bottles and i would break them on the wall over and over... (prolly not responsible to do as an adult)...
either way, you could try and find a *healthy* physical outlet and it could help.
or you could try the *calming* approach- deep breathing, going to ur happy-place-cave 9as cheesy at the might sound) etc.
hell give both a try and see....

i'm sorry man. i'm sorry it was that bad. and it got that hard to handle. if i had a time machine i swear to god i'd change it for you.

#356549 - 03/14/11 05:13 PM Re: feeling like screaming [Re: vachssfan]
chuckb Offline

I can't count the number of times I've become hoarse or lost my voice altogether just yelling and screaming. I can't take this misery day after day. It's too much.

I want to know the truth and I want to know why.l

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.