Newest Members
Olave, Bilbo408, JHJ, NowICanSee, rdc445
13230 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (60), Aaron7712 (50), Defiance Is Best (48), Interpreter (32), Kenn (57), RichardPaulPoill (70), soul (36), Tyler845 (29)
Who's Online
1 registered (betrayed boy), 26 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,230 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,568 Topics
477,131 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#355955 - 03/08/11 07:55 PM Using
illbedat Offline

Loc: David Wright is AWESOME
I know i'm probably losing myself when I do... but is it so wrong to only feel good when your using? I feel like it must be wrong... but it's the only tie i feel ok about myself... it makes me feel normal. I don't stress and think of the terrible things i do. I guess I know it's wrong but it's the only thing that makes me feel like everyone else.

Take me back to the place, where I've seen it before. Before the time I lost it, where you will see, the shadow that still haunts me.

#355956 - 03/08/11 07:59 PM Re: Using [Re: illbedat]
RecoveryReady1 Offline

Yes...but it doesn't have to be

#355957 - 03/08/11 08:34 PM Re: Using [Re: RecoveryReady1]
Anthony39 Offline

Loc: Montreal, Canada
It's a tough one man. First things first. What are we talking about here? I'm gonna assume weed. My favourite.
I was a pothead for a long time and iv'e tried a lot of different things to numb my brain in order to feel less. I suppose it works on some level and for a time. But as you get habituated you also get cranky and disenchanted because it's a regular thing you need to function normally.
I think I did what I had to do, I never really questioned it until I didn't like feeling that way or needing to use to function.
Now , i don't feel like toking or getting drunk. I'm not saying , I never will again, I'm just more selective about the occasion and the people.
I like having a clear head, even if it means feeling the pain more or panicking more. Eventually you learn to manage those emotions better once you start feeling them really. That being said i am on antidepressants and I see a therapist to help me. So it's not like i'm doing it alone.
I hope this helps you a little.
take care man\

Look up and not down; look forward and not back; look out and not in; and lend a hand.
E. E. Hale

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.