Newest Members
HenryBunnies, fiksegts, veh, Olave, Bilbo408
13233 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
danielmarc (47), Daniel_forgotten (26), eclectic14 (27), happybuddha1 (55), hopingforbetter (30), logansrun (41), trocar (47)
Who's Online
3 registered (zookeeper, Jacob S, oliverwendell), 62 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,233 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,581 Topics
477,225 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#355761 - 03/07/11 12:24 AM The atrocities MAJOR TRIGGERS
Riley Offline

Loc: USA

Edited by Riley (08/16/12 07:37 PM)

#355763 - 03/07/11 12:44 AM Re: The atrocities MAJOR TRIGGERS [Re: Riley]
Charlie24 Offline

first off it wasn't a stupid idea. You wanted to tell your story and I commend you for doing it. It takes a lot of courage to get this shit out but you did it tonight. I'm sure you are feeling awkward and uncomfortable, I know I felt like that and still do in many ways but your getting it out in a safe environment. You have all these great men here to help you bud. I'm glad you opened yourself up tonight Ryan. Way to go bud, huge fuckin step in your life.

It just makes me so sick and angry all this fucked up shit has happened to the men here, and continues to happen in our fucking world. Really fucked up.

I wanna give you a safe virtual hug Ryan.

You have been here for me and I wanna be here for you bud.

#355779 - 03/07/11 08:44 AM Re: The atrocities MAJOR TRIGGERS [Re: Charlie24]
Obi Offline

Loc: kansas

you and i have been talking/sharing for quite a while now. this, i can recall, is the first time you've shared your story....

i know how difficult it was for you to share this, but this is HUGE for you!

you just took a major step forward and i'm extremely proud of you for it.

no, it was not stupid. it was great! it shows strength and promise in you. congrats my friend and brother...

you're going to make it, ryan... you're going to make it!

live another day. climb a little higher.

my story

my vlog

#355836 - 03/07/11 07:41 PM Re: The atrocities MAJOR TRIGGERS [Re: Riley]
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus

Loc: Oklahoma

My heart went out to you as I read this. You do not owe anyone an apology at all for this very honest sharing. This took a lot of courage and I admire you for pushing through to do this.

I am so sorry for what was done to you and hope much healing for you. Thank you for the trust in this.

Broad statements often miss their true mark.

#355853 - 03/07/11 11:01 PM Re: The atrocities MAJOR TRIGGERS [Re: prisonerID]
RecoveryReady1 Offline

You was 6 yrs. old and ten yrs was a baby.

No way to process that.....not possible to be able to handle that..

Just a's ok.

You not a baby don't need to explain yourself to anybody...

We know that no child could handle that or should ever have to be horribly abused like that....but then you had no way to know that.....

I can't help but to say that you don't need to explain anything about those was just a baby....

That's all,
So so sad,
Glad you could say it...
All the best,

Don't mean you shouldn't say it.....cause you help everybody by saying it.....what I meant as adults...we know that we don't have to explain ourselves......

Edited by RecoveryReady1 (03/07/11 11:04 PM)

#355857 - 03/07/11 11:41 PM Re: The atrocities MAJOR TRIGGERS [Re: RecoveryReady1]
Mountainous Buck Offline

Loc: Minnesota

I am sending healing energy your way.....

Edited by Mountainous Buck (03/07/11 11:42 PM)
We have to take responsibility for what we're not responsible for.

�It doesn't matter where you've come from,
It matters where you go" Frank Turner

#355858 - 03/07/11 11:54 PM Re: The atrocities MAJOR TRIGGERS [Re: Mountainous Buck]
mrwhiskers Offline

"Dont be scared... angels r here" Maria Fernanda (Mafer)

#356214 - 03/11/11 03:50 PM Re: The atrocities MAJOR TRIGGERS [Re: mrwhiskers]
Logan Offline

Loc: NY
Ryan I'm so sorry.....

My story is on the members side of the forum.

This hurts just to read but I can't imagine what you must be feeling(actually I can, and thats what makes us brothers).

I know too well what that feels like.

I have had room mates wake me up from nightmares. One of them told me I was talking in my sleep, again, pleading for someone "untie me."

This is tough stuff man, no other way about it.

It was very courageous of you to post this.

I find when I talk about it, it loses its power over me and I am a little bit more free of it. I hope the same goes for you.

Your Friend,

"Terrible thing to live in Fear"-Shawshank Redemption
WOR Alumnus Hope Springs 2009
"Quite a thing to live in fear, this is what is means to be a slave"
-Blade Runner

#356279 - 03/12/11 01:16 PM Re: The atrocities MAJOR TRIGGERS [Re: Logan]
pufferfish Offline

Loc: USA

Thank you for your courage in declaring your history.

It will open up doors of healing to you to get it out in the open. declare it ...

#356284 - 03/12/11 01:51 PM Re: The atrocities MAJOR TRIGGERS [Re: pufferfish]
Giggles Offline

Loc: Oregon
Ryan, thank you for sharing. You courage in doing so is the strength we feel. I don't know if I should say this as it fells weird kinda but, I'm proud of you.
I am sure you are spent from it, when I was becoming a Marine I was always spent. That was easy compared to what you just did.
We all do it from time to time, but need not ever apologize. It is not what we did or didn't do. It was done to us. Stabbing victims don't apologize, they have no reason to, neither do we.
Peace, fill your mind.... happiness, well from you, radiate healing through your heart. I don't really pray, but that would be my prayer for you. Thank you, Giggles.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.