Newest Members
mmm coffee, Calibre09, FallGuy2154, Whoamitoday, Joe4618
13527 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Broken1968 (49), frankC (64), Free to be Me (63), ivor1986 (31), ivor_1987 (31), osujtp (2017), SeanTennessee (38), Shields (40), tresheridas (76)
Who's Online
4 registered (iaccus, LinEar, house, 1 invisible), 70 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,527 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,358 Topics
491,339 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#348487 - 12/19/10 04:23 AM Accept Loss Of My Family????
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
I see these TV shows of real-life dangers, hazzards and disasters wherein the husband or wife fight like hell to stay alive to "see their family again" because they can't imagine going on without them or they without him/her. In other words family is everything to them. Being with and seeing their children and being a part of their lives is everything to them. "They don't think they would be able to go-on without them." They fight for survival to be with their family.

So why in God's name is everyone trying to convince me that losing my family over my CSA-caused PTSD is "ok?" My weak as liquid-shit wife "didn't sign-up for this shit," but I'm supposed to be fine with it. This world is so fkg far from my understanding.

I've put this in Off Topic to reduce the chances of this post vaporizing.

#348496 - 12/19/10 02:11 PM Re: Accept Loss Of My Family???? [Re: Still]
Wardpoet Offline

Loc: Maryland
The loss of your family is a very painfull loss that you will have to greive through and process on your own terms.I don't know that it is ok to lose like you have but at some point it does not have to be a showstopper.Is your CSa caused Ptsd your fault? Have you done the best you could?your wife was not prepared to deal with the issues that came before her nor were you prepared for Csa nor was I. We can learn to live with the issues now and part of that involves being ok with the devastating effects of trauma and its aftermath.I don't think you are fair to yourself if you blame you for the loss of your family since the CSA that you went through sent you into a tailspin that continues to this day. Learning to live with the aftermath is yours and falls on you to do your best part of you doing your best today involes giving yourself credit for doing your best up untill now and doing so enables your best to improve.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.