Newest Members
WaJoKo, eartherncuppatea, jakesweden, JugglingDave, Dan981
13842 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DanielB (43), forth (57), KazuKun (40), Marinan (35), overcomer4life (46), wonderifandwhen (59)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 37 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,842 Registered Members
75 Forums
72,037 Topics
503,417 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#345549 - 11/17/10 03:06 PM Oprah Show
DarkHadou Offline

where can I watch part 2 episode of the 200 Men?

#345606 - 11/17/10 10:04 PM Re: Oprah Show [Re: DarkHadou]
G5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
It should be posted sometime this week. It took them a while to post the first show in it's entirety.

Oprah 200, and "Silence Buster" Contibuter
NYC Support Group
WoR Alta Advanced '12

#345721 - 11/19/10 01:53 AM Re: Oprah Show [Re: G5]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
The second part is here:

http://1337x.org/torrent/124062/Oprah-Winfrey-2010-11-13-PDTV-Xvid-GRamos/

I downloaded the first part from a similar website.
Good luck.

#345742 - 11/19/10 09:02 AM Re: Oprah Show [Re: risingagain]
DarkHadou Offline

does anyone have a streaming link? I don't download on torrents

#345756 - 11/19/10 11:27 AM Re: Oprah Show [Re: DarkHadou]
risingagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
I looked around and couldn't find it on her website. I wonder how much she was bombarded with traffic- by the look of the comments, I bet she's been flooded.

Good luck in finding that second part.

#345773 - 11/19/10 01:59 PM Re: Oprah Show [Re: risingagain]
chuckb Offline

My views on Oprah's shows will probably upset everyone but I'm entitled to my views so here goes. I was offended by Oprah. I believe like Jerry Springer, Steve Wilkos, Phil Donahue, Riki Lake, Maury Pouvick, Salley Jesse Raphael, and all the other so called talk show hosts that they exploit people like us to make themselves a fortune and gain celebrity status. At one point in the second show the camera panned to Oprah who looked bored out of her wits with her head resting in her hand. In both shows she seemed like she was just going through the motions. I noticed this the day she interviewed Marie Osmond, no sincerity in Oprah whatsoever. Oh, she is full of emotions when she gets into her shallow Hollywood scene when she interviews celebrities like Barbara Streisand, etc.

I feel very much exploited by Oprah. I felt we were all put on display so this woman can continue to amass a fortune for herself. I'm glad she's going off the air and I hope her cable network fails. Some of you have told me in chat that at least she got our plight out to the public, I don't care. It should be done by someone with integrity and who genuinely cares about us and what we go through. I've been exploited all my life, and I believe everyone on here has too, we don't need a billionaire woman continuing that pattern. I am very unhappy with both of her shows. We deserve better than that.

#345794 - 11/19/10 05:22 PM Re: Oprah Show [Re: chuckb]
westchesterguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Westchester County NY
Originally Posted By: chuckb
...I felt we were all put on display so this woman can continue to amass a fortune for herself.... We deserve better than that.

chuck, i don't disagree. i don't have tv however did watch that whole first part on her website. guess they post for a day or two and take down.

without a doubt i applaud and support all the guys who participated so this is in no way a reflection on them. i was however waiting, as i always do in these types of stories, for someone to blow in and change direction.

what happens next? what happens 20 years after recovery?

how does it feel again not to have the weight of a panic attack on your shoulders, or a flashback; but instead you are angered or humored by something quite ordinary and totally unrelated to that horrible past... instead of the focus on that abuse we are focused on career or planning retirement.

i get the sense too often that guys today can't always see there is a happy ending to the recovery process. you graduate! there is full recovery. the pain does stop. the scars do go away.

now, i'm living proof of that - but no one has yet explained or supported me in the quest to understand fitting in with the masses "post-recovery." i'm no longer happy in post recovery, which is why i even check in here; but it has nothing at all to do with the process or childhood abuse. i'd rather hang out with survivors if only because we "get it." recovery taught me to be who i am now --open and honest it all its glory and dirt-- and that doesn't quite fit in with the "unrecovered," "in denial" mainstream culture proudly made in the u.s.a. :-)

#345807 - 11/19/10 08:03 PM Re: Oprah Show [Re: westchesterguy]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
I was only able to find "clips" of the 2nd part. Does anyone have the link to the FULL vid of Part 2?

I will say that like the stories being told no matter how there being told and by what manner.

I did NOT go on the show due to being "exploited".

I like what was said for the most in the clip I watched except for the part of "needing" to forgive my perps. I am doing well without the traditional way of thinking of "forgiving" my perps.

I LOVE all my brothers everywhere for the commonality we share.

If you have the link to the full version of the 2nd part to Oprah show can you share it.

Thanks,
Donnie

#345809 - 11/19/10 08:16 PM Re: Oprah Show [Re: Avery46]
jurek Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
Does anyone have a torrent link for the first part? Don't have the bandwidth for streaming from oprah.com

Jurek ogorek, kielbasa i sznurek, kielbasa uciekla, Jurek do piekla!

#345937 - 11/21/10 03:26 PM Re: Oprah Show [Re: chuckb]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
My views on Oprah's shows will probably upset everyone but I'm entitled to my views so here goes.

Yes, you are certainly entitled to your views and you have every right to express them.

Some of you have told me in chat that at least she got our plight out to the public, I don't care. It should be done by someone with integrity and who genuinely cares about us and what we go through.

It doesn't matter if she was just going thru the motions. It helped atleast 1 survivor that I know of that googled for information and found this board. I'm sure it helped countless others that will now have the courage to get help to better their life.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND at the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.