Newest Members
jgraham, Eggshells, Mk89, Mishima, B5b5b5
13415 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Reactor2 (62), ScooterSCS (36), USARMYMAN59 (58), WPB (48)
Who's Online
6 registered (bluesky, Chris4TheMill, Elad1, 3 invisible), 82 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,415 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,478 Topics
484,559 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#340481 - 09/19/10 05:20 PM The Number
prisonerID Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oklahoma
I developed an eating disorder a year or two before the assault. It took me a long time to admit that but it did not start after the assault. I ate little - usually one meal a week - and could go two weeks or more without eating. I ran seven miles every day no matter what the weather or my health. I had fainting spells but hid all of this well.

After the assault I debeloped binge eating and then bulimia. I got hooked on laxatives and took things to throw up. But mostly used the laxatives. I spent almost a year with one therapist who got me off them. Except for lapses here and there I do not use them though the thoughts do creep in.

But it is the number. No matter what I weigh that number is on my forehead all the time. Every moment of every day I see it. If I gain a half pound I am depressed and pull back from others. I feel stressed and it is all I can think of. I struggle to distract myself but I see it as I talk to others and do my work. It is there as I try to relax at the house and on weekends. It absolutely drives me nuts at times. And it triggers a self loathing.

The second hospital I was in is world renowned for their ED tract. I was on the edges of it only since it is female oriented. I have found ones that work with males but they are in other states. But one day I would like to give it a try. I think that but not sure either.

I am just tired of this number running my days and a big chunk of my life.

Just had to get this out and look at it from this view.

Daryl

#340489 - 09/19/10 07:54 PM Re: The Number [Re: prisonerID]
earlybird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: WA USA
Daryl,

thanks for sharing such an intimate part of your life with us. You have my love and support. Earlybird

There is symmetry
In self-reflection
Life exemplified
Grace personified

<
#340495 - 09/19/10 08:40 PM Re: The Number [Re: prisonerID]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Daryl,

Does this mean you have some unsettled issues from a time prior to the assault?

Allen