Newest Members
chairdesklamp, Bill Ohio USA, jez, Long Way Home, Bcbornleo
13595 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bellator (60), dj (52), Edinson (50), honorableman (60), TNuss (46), toddpop (57), Troy1987 (49)
Who's Online
4 registered (crabbott, robargetroy, AOAN72, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,595 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,718 Topics
493,889 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Topic Options
#332263 - 05/27/10 07:54 PM Find a Theripast or Counsler
djweiser Offline

Registered: 05/22/10
Posts: 11
Loc: Lancaster County, PA

Am wondering how to go about finding a counsler or T to help me with issues due to my CSA. I have no insurance and only under $1000 a month with my disability check. Looking on the web at different services the prices were outrageous. $85-more than $100 per hour, i can't afford this, have to have money to live off of also, tryed counsleing services thru the YWCA in their sexual assult and recourse center, but my issues are more complex than they deal with, right now I just don't know where to turn for some help. Any Ideas? Any and all would be helpfull right now. I can't wait till November when I get medicare, oh and I get $86 too much for medical assistance, what a kick in the ass, even my family doctor said he is fed up with the system, but paying cash his office visit is $95. Just don't know where to turn to right now.


#332308 - 05/28/10 03:24 AM Re: Find a Theripast or Counsler [Re: djweiser]
Anomalous Offline

Registered: 03/07/10
Posts: 2242
Hi Don,

You may want to try a local community mental health center. They usually have a sliding scale fee.

Also, you may want to contact the Rape Crisis Centers in your area and see if they will provide counseling services to males. They may offer services at not cost.

If there is a university in your area that offers a Psychology program, they *may* offer counseling services. But beware, these are usually students working on either their Master's or Doctorate degrees, which means they probably won't have much in terms of experience, though they do work with a lot of supervision.

Please do not be offended, but since you are on disability, would you qualify for medicaid? It might not be great, but it would help defer some of your medical expenses.



#332324 - 05/28/10 11:08 AM Re: Find a Theripast or Counsler [Re: Anomalous]
djweiser Offline

Registered: 05/22/10
Posts: 11
Loc: Lancaster County, PA
tried medicaid, receive 86 dollars too much, tried the rape crisis center and services that I need are beyond them. Never thought of the university, will have to look into that, but being that they are on summer break might pose a problem


Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.