Newest Members
YTUK, twinker, LaneFiasco95, Kristabar, tom93
13514 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (47), CP4 (27), EddieMi (49), EddieT (49), hemi1024 (57), Kage (73), kdj_74 (43), Knightswhitehart (52), otlhouston (50), TX_Space (50), VirtualBman (53)
Who's Online
2 registered (usmc97, 1 invisible), 89 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,514 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,202 Topics
490,193 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#316942 - 12/30/09 03:05 PM waiting
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas

Edited by Obi (04/29/13 05:35 PM)

my story

my vlog

#316943 - 12/30/09 03:16 PM Re: waiting [Re: Obi]
irishguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
I think it depends on who the person is and how close they are to you, for examle if its your partner I think it is unfair to make them wait, you shouldnt have trust issues with your partner being that trust is a key element in any working relationship. When it comes to others family will no doubth wait as long as is needed as they wont go anywhere that is granting you are on good terms with family. friends can vary depending on how close you are to them, how long you have known them, how well you know them and they know you. But in the long run making people wait a very time before you talk to them and if they are aware that there is a problem will either upset them or make them feel that you dont trust them... if you are pretty certain that whom ever you tell will support you than id say have no fear in talking to them as you have noting to be ashamed about, you done noting wrong... none of what happened was your fault.

#317196 - 01/01/10 01:00 AM Re: waiting [Re: irishguy]
Lee73 Offline

Being 2 years on the receiving end of waiting, I find your question interesting--is it right? I guess I've learned that it may not be right for me on the receiving end, but maybe it was right for him because that's what he needed. I guess trust and comfort level come over time, and if you need those people to wait for awhile, they will either wait or they won't depending on if any of their needs are also being met. I think it's a balancing act, and if the scale tips too heavy on one end every single time, the person may not continue to wait, but if there's give and take, the outcome may be better. Hopefully you will be able to feel out the situation in each case and gauge for yourself how long you need them to wait to make yourself comfortable, and how much is a reasonable expectation from the perspective of the person on the receiving end. Good luck to you, and thank you for your perspective.

Lee

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.