Hello everyone,

Good news everyone! There's work in progress to organize a Healing Circle for friends and families of survivors! A Healing Circle is a periodic chat gathering where participants can discuss and provide feedback about recovery related issues in a structured manner - much like the spouse support groups that some of you attend. I know it's not official yet and I don't want to get anybody's hopes up, but I just wanted to share the good news! As some of you may know, there's a chat room designated just for 'Friends and Families'. I am a chat regular and I have noticed several friends and families enter the room and head straight towards the 'Friends & Families' chat room - all by themselves. I have to confess that I am somewhat uncomfortable discussing recovery stuff with women. Okay, okay I'm SO uncomfortable having women in the same chat room. Hopefully, this Healing Circle will help foster an environment where everyone - survivors and friends/families - can share their experiences, strength, and hope.

Just a little bit about myself... I'm a male survivor with a partner of 14 years. I'm struggling with sexual compulsion, although coming up on 90 days of sobriety (Woo-hoo!), which has affected all aspects of my life. I've been coming to MS for almost three years, went to several WoRs, and attended a 12 step program for sexual compulsion. I have serious trust issues and I'm in not so good terms with my 'relatives'.

If any of you would like to meet in the 'Friends & Families' section every Monday, until the HC is organized and set up, I think it would be cool n' stuff! We can discuss and provide feedback in a structured way, just like the HC, so that we can be (fingers crossed) all prepared when the HC starts. I'm looking forward to it and I hope you guys are too!! Okay the first meeting is:

January 4th, 2010 at 6pm PST

Wow, can you guys believe it? 2010!! Anyways, hope you all have a safe and not so stressful Holidays! See you then!

Sincerely,
Jay