Newest Members
twinker, LaneFiasco95, Kristabar, tom93, ninjei
13513 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (42), barelysurviving (48), bigbob20 (72), billyp (68), Larry Mullen (70), Shawv (73), TheTwoOfUs (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (Ceremony, AL-S, 1 invisible), 67 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,513 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,191 Topics
490,076 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#307668 - 10/23/09 02:53 AM Good Session Today
jls Offline

I saw my therapist today and it turned out great! It is ironic to say so since it began very badly, with the usual back and forth "how does this or that make you feel?" etc. Being down this road before with other T's I was becoming very frustrated and was just staring off into space while waiting for the time to pass until I told myself "you are here for you" and was able to vocalize to him that this wasn't working for me that I needed to leave. Unlike other T's I've had though, who would have just let me go he questioned if I needed to do so in order to deal with my stuff alone, which I confirmed. I then asked him why all the questions about how I am feeling, to which he replied that everyone is feeling something every given moment whether they acknowledge it or not so no matter what one is doing it is the only place to start. Absurdly this is never something I considered before while in therapy. I am someone who starts with my head in most things I do so being able to begin from a "feeling perspective" was a real breakthough, if this makes any sense. Anyways I am looking foreward to next week. Thanks for listening:) JS

#307669 - 10/23/09 03:08 AM Re: Good Session Today [Re: jls]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, JLS.

I am happy for you that your session went well. It is your right to ask questions and get feedback that is constructive.

I am very glad your sharing.

Breakthroughs are important.

Your on a good road.

DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#307677 - 10/23/09 03:40 AM Re: Good Session Today [Re: DJsport]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

JLS,

I had a T session this evening as well. I thought I would go in there and not have much to say. Turned out to be a really well spent fifty minutes. It is great to be able to open up and lets things just flow. Thanks for sharing, and glad this went well for you.

Eric

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.