Letting go of the past for a MS survivor?
This is a multi-step process:
1. Spend time with your T. Talk about yourself. Talk out every little hurt and every big one. Share it with him.
2. If you have done wrong, make amends if possible.
3. Learn how to forgive yourself and others.
4. Watch movies which portray how you saw yourself as a kid and let that reframe your self concept. Forgive yourself.
5. Get special therapy for special problems: PTSD, DID, etc.
6. Turn it over to God
7. Become active in MS and write up your story here. Let other guys respond to your story.
8. Become active in the healing of other guys.
9. Read books on abuse and on any special problems you have.