Newest Members
Alex D., jgraham, Eggshells, Mk89, Mishima
13416 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob BlueSky (68), Brant (56), Happenstance (48), jimminy (29), keeper (51), MischievousSpirit (42), skooter27 (33), vbalfour (63), whancrar (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (BDD), 72 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,416 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,493 Topics
484,680 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#301200 - 09/01/09 02:55 PM Obligated
sweetdreams Offline

Hi..I would like thoughts on this question..If a male survivor says they feel "obligated" what does that mean? I also read that in a child sexual abuse book yesterday..I am a female who was abused yet and I am not clear what that means..I would prefer a male answer this question if they too have those feelings or a female if she has a male person in her life who uses that expression..Thanks

#301202 - 09/01/09 03:27 PM Re: Obligated [Re: sweetdreams]
garr Offline

I guess when I say that I feel "obligated" to do something, it generally means that I feel I have to do it in order to please someone else. It means that I recognize that they haven't overtly told me that I need to do something, but I sense that I have to. I don't generally use the term that much that I can think of, but I don't think I generally use it to describe something that I want to do.

#301213 - 09/01/09 04:33 PM Re: Obligated [Re: garr]
sweetdreams Offline

I am looking for a exact real example of how you felt obligated and how it ties in with past abuse..Try and put it into words as best as you can

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.