Newest Members
JHJ, NowICanSee, rdc445, batman72, scareypt
13228 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bcb00 (40), beginning (36), Gary H. (43), jewelmom (65), kdg2310 (57), Li Yuki (2016), monarchnaps (38), Neverquit (32), Nord (60), SoSad (47)
Who's Online
3 registered (zookeeper, Ceremony, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,228 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,542 Topics
476,926 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#301036 - 08/31/09 08:43 AM Time
cat lover Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
I have recently vacated my apartment and am going to buy a house. I decided to use it as a chance to purge, and sorted through nearly everything I own. I came across a box which had a couple pictures of me and my ex in it. I thought I had gotten rid of all that stuff long ago, but there were a few other things in the box too. I had a brief moment, sudden, in which I felt my cheeks get flush. I immediately put the pictures and things in the trash bag nearest me, and the immediately took the trash bag to the dumpster. Wow, I haven't seen this guy in over five years and I still had that short reaction. I think perhaps it was self-protective: avoid the perpetrator. So there are two good notes, at least: that I was not incapacitated by the picture but instead acted swiftly and clearly; and that I am also leaving behind that apartment with its connection to him to get a new place with connections only to me. More healing. I haven't posted on here in ages. I don't know if it's the time of my subject heading which does the healing, or something else.

#301045 - 08/31/09 10:21 AM Re: Time [Re: cat lover]
TNuss Offline

Loc: Del-A-Ware???
Great for you, keep moving forward....time heals all.

All my best!!!

In harmony,
I hug myself daily until the day I find the embrace that completes me.

#301397 - 09/02/09 10:39 PM Re: Time [Re: cat lover]
Sans Logos Offline

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
glad to see you are taking care of yourself and following your heart. that's truly a paean to your recovery program. glad to hear of your peace and happiness.

all the best,

Ron Schulz, MSPC, NCC
  1. the past
  2. advocacy

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.