Newest Members
JHJ, NowICanSee, rdc445, batman72, scareypt
13228 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bcb00 (40), beginning (36), Gary H. (43), jewelmom (65), kdg2310 (57), Li Yuki (2016), monarchnaps (38), Neverquit (32), Nord (60), SoSad (47)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 33 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,228 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,542 Topics
476,925 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#285742 - 04/29/09 02:14 PM Why can't I sleep?
philistine Offline

Loc: Oregon
Why do I wake up crying?
Why do I wake to the same dream, waking up next to someone, terrified, but unable to get away?
Why have I never been able to share a bed with some one, to sleep?

"No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself" - Nietzsche

#285749 - 04/29/09 04:32 PM Re: Why can't I sleep? [Re: philistine]
men_of_hrts.dbw Offline

Loc: Orchidland Big Island Hawaii
I too know the solitude of the dark night, and sleep meds give me intense dreams. I stopped dreaming while asleep in the mid 1980's and in Oct/2007 I started to dream again. It was the sleep meds trazadone and ambien that got the dreams started again.

I was unable to tell the diference between wide awake turmoil and asleep nightmares. Thislasted untill almost Nov/2008 even though I was only using the sleep meds as needed.

Now I sleep without dreams most of the times and I guess it just took time and healing to correct the problem.

The dreams were erotic and not scary or related to the abduction/assault, but very realistic. I wrote them down upon awakening in my journal I started in mid-July 2007 after I first started talking about the 1978 assauly.

I was always so boommed out on meds and alcohol trying to numb the pain that I never had anxiety prior to sleep.

I believe I am perfectly normal for what happened to me. It is normal for us to have insomnia and sleep disorder as a result of the trauma.

Google up some info on Rape Related Post-Traumatic Traumatic Stress Disorder, RR-PTSD and some of the research of Dr. David Lisak of the University of Boston. I don't have the same form of abuse he researches but his studies and papers have been a big factor in my understanding.

Keep on Bro

Edited by men_of_hrts.dbw (05/23/09 05:37 AM)
Doug>ASA Survivor (1x)
ECV 6001/MaTuCa Chapter 1849
E Clampus Vitus
"What Say the Brethren"
"Hang the Bastards"

#286330 - 05/05/09 05:50 AM Re: Why can't I sleep? [Re: philistine]
AK1970 Offline

Hi Mike
I have read a couple of your postings and just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience. I wasn't sure if there would be a lot of gay males on here and thought I might struggle to find guys in a more similar position to me. I feel like I have got the right site now and I think your postings have helped that.
With regards to sleeping......I struggle alone and with someone too but haven't try the with someone for a while.
I have posted an introduction but that is as far as I have got.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.