Newest Members
meekness, jake1985, cactus8, Neil Benesh, blazzeee
13532 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (47), Dupe1978 (39), James_Is_Talking (39), K-man (61), LordShiningStarr (39), ricky (54), Shawn Hope (32), teresa (45), Warner82 (35)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 71 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,532 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,391 Topics
491,574 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#274024 - 02/05/09 08:49 AM snow
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I cant get to uni today because the buses refuse to run even though they could run easily i'm sure, i think they are scared of people getting trapped later, but this means that i cant get to university, and everybody else can get to university because they live there, and i suppose to have a full day today and assignments to hand-in.

So i am kind of annoyed, even though i have done my assignment really rubbish and could do with more time, even though i didn't sleep so well and wanted more sleep, but now the cold of the snow has woken me up (i went to the bus stop, it's still snowing, and a bus came full of bus drivers to tell us that the buses were not running until they know more about the roads, well that means i wont be going in at all today).

So this will be the second day this week the snow has stopped me from going in, that is annoying.

And apparently Britain now has a rock salt crisis for the roads and are considering plans of importing lots of it from abroad for the future, complete shambles, it is only a little bit of snow and all the airports and stuff are closed, and i am not even having any fun!

#274025 - 02/05/09 10:08 AM Re: snow [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

ok, so i text a friend and i might go out with her later and her nephew who is only little. But i couldn't find any gloves to make a snowman (or at least try to make one), so i went to the shops, they didn't have any, but there is another shop, so i went there, lucky they had some, and i took some photos on my phone on the way home. There isn't very much snow really, but it covers everything, so it will do.

These two are of the graveyard of the chapel (the chapel that i spoke in when i was younger with my school) near my school. The chapel is to the right of the photo i didn't think to take a photo of that.

This one is just a field down near the shops by me, there are two rugby fields by here, that is one of them from a corner. There is a rugby club building to the right of that photo, and a leisure centre and youth centre with a pub to the left. Down near the leisure centre is where Dr who people often park theitr trailers if they are filming near by. The buildings in the backround are an old peoples home.

This picture below, you can't really see clearly, see the buildings, that is my infants school, and just above it is my junior school.

This is my junior school through some trees that we planted when i was there, to stop people from looking at the kids really although they said it was like some kind of nature project

and that's a tree, lol

#274050 - 02/05/09 03:33 PM Re: snow [Re: king tut]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Welcome to Canada Lewis! wink

By the looks of your photos, all that gray, and snow,you wouldn't know the difference between the UK and Canada. Mind you it was -26C this morning, and I'd bet you'd notice that! shocked

Just think though, in a few weeks you will probably be thinking daffodils, and I'll be thinking of all that dog poop hiding underneath the snow! sick

Life in the colonies, gotta luv it!

Cheers!
Jim

#274055 - 02/05/09 04:04 PM Re: snow [Re: king tut]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Lewis,

Very telling subject matter if one doesn't read the commentary - I especially like the heart in the tree one........

BTW, you need moist snow for making snowmen (and, yes, there is such a thing as dry snow)

#274060 - 02/05/09 05:02 PM Re: snow [Re: joelRT]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

As soon as my friend puts the pictures up on facebook i will show you them. I had a really good time, and when we took the kids back we went for a drink and a few games of pool, and i discovered i am really good at that game, i hit lots of balls in a row, and won every time. It was just me and four girls out drinking, but i didn't really notice that until i considered the fact. We will probably go out later too, meaning i have to sober up now, do some work, and be prepared to get drunk later on. I had a fantastic time in the snow, my friends nephew wasn't up for making snowmen, but my oldest brothers girlfriends daughter was, so we made one snowman, and later when we took the kids home we made another snowman and had some good snowball fights and made snow angels. I haven't been out with any of my friends in such a long time that it is really good. Although i feel strange, since it is thursday, and ideally i should be studying right now, but the snow isn't my fault, so i wont blame myself.

Lewis

#274064 - 02/05/09 05:17 PM Re: snow [Re: king tut]
TJ jeff Offline

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Lewis,

sometimes in life you just gotta step back and have fun - and it sure sounds like you had fun smile

as survivors many of us can be wayyy to serious in our day to day lives - sometimes we really need to just push ourselves to go out and have fun

life is too short for ever day to be super serious

glad you had fun and am anxiously awaiting the other pics smile

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#274079 - 02/05/09 07:53 PM Re: snow [Re: TJ jeff]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Chicken Bus Drivers!!! Let a professional from Canada show them how it is done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcmuSUR-DJI&feature=related

I found this one too. Speedway is a chain of gas stations in the Great Lakes region.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0UXmNaAb_s

Better turn the volume down on this last one. The cars have Michigan plates.

Mark

#274294 - 02/07/09 01:14 PM Re: snow [Re: Trucker51]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Mark:

When did you start to work for the RCMP? I have no idea how you managed to sneek that camera into my car, nor do I have have any idea about how or when you stole my car to take those movies! Well done squire!

The only way I knew I wasn't driving was because of the daylight. I do all that stuff in the dark! cool

And one time, I saw the ass-end of a deer just as it sailed over the hood/bonnet of my car. Good thing I had a suitcase of clothes in the back for when I get trapped by the weather at work. Otherwise I would have had to buy new underwear! crazy

I HATE WINTER!

Jim

#274297 - 02/07/09 01:43 PM Re: snow [Re: Geeders]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Evil tiny snowman

my snow angel

(that's not my girlfriend there, but i am kind of smiling in that photo- kind of, and so i thought it should go up)

#274319 - 02/07/09 03:43 PM Re: snow [Re: king tut]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Hi Lewis.

The snow thing is bizarre. Firstly here am I, at the very far north end of the country, and the most we've got is a heavy frost, ---- no snow at all! compared to this, my parents in the midlands are absolutely covered in it.

I must admit it all seems a bit mad to me anyway, ---- especially all the stopping of trains and busses (I was worried about getting back up here on tuesday because of the lack of trains).

Last saturday I came back from the Italian alps. Lots of perpetual snow, including four foot drifts, and everyone just walked around and treated it as normal. Then I come back here and there's a couple of inches and everything stops? that's just loopy!

When I get my picks of Italy developed I'll see about posting them here, ----- then I'll show you some snow! lol!

Congrats on the snowman. Sadly in Italy I was too busy skeeing to get one built, which is rather sad, ----- and the snow there would've been perfect for it too most of the time.

Glad you could just go and have fun. I've got one of my friends turning up this afternoon, and we'll probably do something random, ----- last time he came round i kicked his rear totally at streetfighter 2, ---- something I haven't played double player for years!

To be mildly serious for a second, One thing I've realized now after all recovery work is how much more I can enjoy things, whether it's mincing about on stage in my latest production, singing my headoff, or playing a load of games and gamebooks. I just feel much more emersed in things now.

Okay enough seriousness! back to snow and randomosity!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.