Newest Members
mattevans, Arle30, SuAn, Tranquil, smichael
13561 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
era1 (34), GregoryP (53), GregoryParcell (53), junior (57), KDW78 (39), nansogre (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 45 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,561 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,523 Topics
492,509 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#26596 - 08/11/05 01:59 AM Re: Then & Now
ForeverFighting Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Mexico, USA
Quote:
I'm just me, its not my job to be like my Dad. I have a gf & she likes me a lot & i think Im a loving person. When I get married & have kids im going to be the best dad in the world.
That's beautiful, glaukos. The whole post is beautiful. Thank you for writing that.

You are a loving person. And I agree. A real father comes from love, not blood. That being true, I'd say you have a lot of brothers and uncles here, too. I'm so happy for you.

"The former things will not be called to mind, nor will they come up into the heart."--Isaiah 65:17

#26597 - 08/11/05 02:16 AM Re: Then & Now
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Kev
what a wonderful post, I'm so glad you put those feelings into words.

Dave

#26598 - 08/11/05 02:22 AM Re: Then & Now
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Kev, you are just like JT, and you will be as good and loved person in society, because God got him into your life, yeah God works in pretty mysterious ways.

It is hard to not love a birthdad, but he should never have beaten his own kids, I would never raise a hand to a kid, never.

You protected your little brothers, that does not make you into a Ho, you have shown courage in protecting them from the abuser, and you should feel proud.

When I read stuff you posted I thot! If I had been there, then he would never do that again, and probably end up in prison for it, and it is scarey being alone and frightened with no way out.

Never let the guilt be yours, it wasnt yours, you are a great guy, and you have shown courage beyond belief, but now it is time for you to be yourself.

You can always PM me if you dont find the answers to things you face right now, but it was never your fault.

It is so easy to blame life events on yourself, because you think! Hey, everyone wants to make it worse, but now you are grounded in a good family who cares loads about you, and we do too, ;\)

(((Kev)))

ste

#26599 - 08/11/05 02:27 AM Re: Then & Now
sabooka Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: I would like to know also
Kev,

what you wrote is amazing. I am giving you a standing ovation even if it is in the wrong forum.

CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPLCAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLACPACLPA

Really really proud of you.

Jonathan

#26600 - 08/11/05 08:13 AM Re: Then & Now
TJ jeff Offline

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Kev,

It's really great to know that you can so clearly see how you have changed in your time here - you are a shining light of hope to those new people here who wonder if things can ever really change

Many of us did'nt understand that the things of our past wer'nt our faults (myself included) when we first came here - it is good to see you put the blame/guilt/shame where it has belonged all along

It is really great that you have a loving Dad in your life now - and I am sure that when you do get married and have kids of your own that you will be a great and loving father to them

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#26601 - 08/11/05 08:46 AM Re: Then & Now
FormerTexan Offline
Administrator

Loc: Denver, CO
This was so encouraging. Thank you.

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#26602 - 08/11/05 10:11 PM Re: Then & Now
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Kev,

Others have said it but never mind, here it comes again. This is an amazing post and I am so very proud of you. There is one thing I want you to look at in particular:

Quote:
I did what I had to do to keep my little brothers safe.
Absolutely true, and as Ste says you should be proud of this, not ashamed. You were faced with a terrible choice: protect yourself or protect your three younger brothers. I hope you can see how your decision was one that took enormous love and courage. The rest of us see this in you over and over again, but you need to see it as well.

I am making this point for a reason. As your court case develops things may get scary and you may wonder how you will find the courage to face everything. Just remember that all the courage you need you already have.

Take care Little Thunder,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#26603 - 08/13/05 12:20 AM Re: Then & Now
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Kev - it's great when you can look back and see that progress has been made. I thank you for sharing that here with other's that may be new and wondering where they are heading to.

Good luck with the case - you have the inner strength to win this.

Best wishes ...Rik

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.