Newest Members
Bilbo408, JHJ, NowICanSee, rdc445, batman72
13229 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (60), Aaron7712 (50), Defiance Is Best (48), Interpreter (32), Kenn (57), RichardPaulPoill (70), soul (36), Tyler845 (29)
Who's Online
3 registered (oliverwendell, 2 invisible), 65 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,229 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,561 Topics
477,096 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#260103 - 11/04/08 10:24 PM Re: Today's Hero [Re: TJ jeff]
WalkingSouth Offline

This discussion is hard to read. At times I too experienced some pretty horrific corporal punishment at the hands of my parents, especially my mother.

The most memorable of which occurred one Friday evening when I was 5. I had been told every since I could remember that I was a finicky eater and on this occasion I was having difficulty eating one of the dishes mom had fixed for supper. She lost patience and began to force feed me. The gag reflex kicked in and I threw it up whereupon I was forced to eat the emesis. With that accomplished I was led by the hand to my room, forced to remove my clothes, and whipped with a belt from the backs of my thighs up to my lower back. To add insult to injury I was then forced to kneel beside the bad and ask Jesus to forgive me for being a bad boy.

As Jeff said,
it's mindblowing to me how a parent can justify doing such to their own child - I can gauruntee you that there is absolutley NOTHING that any kid could ever do to deserve that kind of beating...

I've never discussed the incident with Mom. I doubt she would even remember it at her age. I do have to say that not long after I began recovery she approached me and very humbly asked my forgiveness for the wrongs she committed against me when I was growing up. I honor that because I know she was sincerely sorry.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy Shit! What a ride!'" ~Hunter S. Thompson

#260122 - 11/05/08 12:19 AM Re: Today's Hero [Re: WalkingSouth]
ttoon Offline

Edited by ttoon (11/16/08 10:18 AM)
checkin out for a few weeks... whistle

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.