Newest Members
Calibre09, FallGuy2154, Whoamitoday, Joe4618, Kpeaches55
13526 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MauiBuilt37 (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (Chris4TheMill, Ceremony, 1 invisible), 84 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,526 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,356 Topics
491,329 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#254496 - 10/12/08 02:48 AM Disparity
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
One of the current topics in UK news, is the story of a convicted paedophile that has been found dead in the woods!

It appears that he has been strangled (how sad - not)! He was convicted of abusing 3 girls - the crimes were historical. The initial sentence put im away for 6 years, but he got out after around 3.5 years (very recently).

What I don't understand, is that the level of abuse is very similar to the abuse that I was subjected to. In addition, there were 3 complainants in each case, The dead bloke abused three girls (possibly more, but that was what he was prosecuted for). The perv that I reported ended up with 3 complaints against him. Because teh events were historical , he got leniance.

The time frame iwas very similar!

I've seen this so many times, if a man abuses a girl, the sentence is just! If a man abuses a boy, then it means very little - expect them to get a suspended sentence.

I would love to meet the judiciary face to face!

Best wishes ...Rik

#254529 - 10/12/08 07:50 AM Re: Disparity [Re: RICK57]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Rik,

I can feel the pain in your words seeping through my screen. I can see a lot of anger and hurt and even betrayal by the judiciary system.

Take peace & comfort in the fact that you did all you could. This may be the wrong time and place to say this but I will anyways; The result is not as important as you standing up for yourself as you did. You and I both know it was the right thing to do.

I hope there comes a day when you will be more at peace; and I know right now is just one of those kicks in the figurative ass that makes it just that much more difficult to work through all that rubbish of the past... You've got the strength to overcome this too Rik. You truly do -- with or without the judiciary system in your corner.

Calm waters your way,
~Brian

#254567 - 10/12/08 02:00 PM Re: Disparity [Re: RICK57]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
You have my whole heart today, Rik. I've known other's who did what you tried to do and ended up with same result.

No, it is not taken seriously enough when a male is sexually abused. When we dare to complain to the competent authorities we are often victimized all over again by their seeming indifference.

You did what you could, man. Too many of us never get a chance to fight back - at least you tried.

Now pick up your new found dignity and go build yourself a life!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.