Newest Members
YTUK, twinker, LaneFiasco95, Kristabar, tom93
13514 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (57), Ready2MoveOn (47)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,514 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,199 Topics
490,151 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#237242 - 07/10/08 05:40 PM The Kite Runner (again). Reading and loving it
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
So, I told everything I wanted in the header. I got a copy of the original English-language book. I am reading it so passionately in the Moscow metro that I sometimes miss my stops...

Gotta love it. I am on page 89 now. Thanks for recommending it for reading, gents.

Alexey

Edited by alexey (07/10/08 05:41 PM)
(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

#237247 - 07/10/08 05:55 PM Re: The Kite Runner (again). Reading and loving it [Re: alexey]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
It is a great book, Alexey. I bought the movie a few weeks ago and enjoyed it as well as the book.

#238731 - 07/18/08 03:41 AM Re: The Kite Runner (again). Reading and loving it [Re: EGL]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
I have also downloaded and seen the movie, Eddie. I liked it very much!

I am now on the America part of the book. Still enjoying it a lot.

(")_(")
--------

#238839 - 07/19/08 12:16 AM Re: The Kite Runner (again). Reading and loving it [Re: alexey]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Waldport, Oregon
Have them both, Alexey. Find the story quite triggering in a place or two, but like you I also find the story very riveting.

#238897 - 07/19/08 09:19 AM Re: The Kite Runner (again). Reading and loving it [Re: WalkingSouth]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
It is triggering, yes.

(")_(")
--------

#272552 - 01/25/09 02:45 PM Re: The Kite Runner (again). Reading and loving it [Re: alexey]
kol Offline

I cried for the first time in years when i saw the film.

#272725 - 01/26/09 05:16 PM Re: The Kite Runner (again). Reading and loving it [Re: kol]
mapleleafsn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eastern Canada
As it happened, my wife and I were seeking out a video last night and we picked out The Kite Runner. Had no idea really other than about 2 boys growing up in Kabul.

I found the movie to be very heart wretching at times. More from the silence of the main charater. My heart was torn with the pain he was suffering.

Was scared at first when we saw the warning about CSA... I must admit it did bring up some associated pain, however I surprised myself with how well I took it. Perhaps with the help of all of you here and doing the T work it is starting to pay off.

I have heard it said that "We will not shut the door on the past, but we will find how it can be used to help others.."

Steve

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.