Newest Members
jgraham, Eggshells, Mk89, Mishima, B5b5b5
13415 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob BlueSky (68), Brant (56), Happenstance (48), jimminy (29), keeper (51), MischievousSpirit (42), skooter27 (33), vbalfour (63), whancrar (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 50 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,415 Registered Members
75 Forums
69,491 Topics
484,665 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#223252 - 05/08/08 12:40 PM PTSD Treatment
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Well I have a lot of the PTSD symptoms and it seems like these are the ones that are really effecting me especially in my job.

PTSD symptoms include: increased arousal, hypervigilance, difficulty concentrating, inattention, irritability, avoidance, foreshortened view of the future, loss of motivation.

Is this a medication thing or is it a therapy thing, or both?

If anyone has any ideas I would be greatful. Its ruining my life and someday may cost me my job

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#223262 - 05/08/08 02:08 PM Re: PTSD Treatment [Re: onlyakid]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
I have dealt with PTSD for several years . You learn to adjust your life stile to cope. I do not go into any where that there are large crowds. In do most of my shoping at night when the stores ar mostly empty . I spend most of my time alone, but I have chose to do this . as a survival method
As far as meds go you just have to find one that will work for you. In several years I am still looking fo the one that works for me .

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#223279 - 05/08/08 04:35 PM Re: PTSD Treatment *DELETED* [Re: OKIE MIKE]
awakening Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by awakening

#223289 - 05/08/08 05:12 PM Re: PTSD Treatment [Re: awakening]
JustJeff Offline

PTSD?? Could someone enlighten me?

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.