Newest Members
JHJ, NowICanSee, rdc445, batman72, scareypt
13228 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bcb00 (40), beginning (36), Gary H. (43), jewelmom (65), kdg2310 (57), Li Yuki (2016), monarchnaps (38), Neverquit (32), Nord (60), SoSad (47)
Who's Online
3 registered (Rich1967, 2 invisible), 32 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,228 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,543 Topics
476,927 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#215573 - 04/05/08 12:45 PM Re: So this is the story of what can happen at a W [Re: ObiWan]
JorgeR Offline
Past President
Loc: Santa Cruz, CA, USA

*grin* I'm not sure if me doing "Twila! Twila! Twila!" is a visual I'd want stuck in my head, but I'm glad you got a good laugh out of it.

You don't know how proud of me I Alta, I did that eyes closed moving to the music thing, and just about came unglued...I had no idea I was so self-conscious. Because of that experience, I had worked on just feeling free about my body and moving it...I mean, I'm gay and I'm latin, all I have to do is hear a good beat and my hips start moving...but in Sequoia, I discovered that I have a lot more freedom around it now.

That freedom gave me the room to really play and enjoy the whole evening, which after how heavy Saturday is at a WoR, was something I REALLY needed.

I know exactly how you feel...I came home from my first WoR with the first real hope I have had in my life that I will "recover"...and I feel even stronger about it today.

Peace & Joy to you and your wife,

I found my little boy at Alta 2007...I spoke the unspeakable shame at Sequoia 2008...I learned to flounder at Alta 2009

What breakthrough can YOU have at a Weekend of Recovery?

** talk to me about WoRs or BoD or Committees **

#215583 - 04/05/08 01:30 PM Re: So this is the story of what can happen at a W [Re: JorgeR]
Freedom49 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Well, I am embarassed to admit this but as a tensio breaker for me I am the one who did the Twyla twyla twyla. Jorge was the one who was asking who knew what that meant and where it was from and I was surprised at all the hands that went up. I just felt so silly waving my hands around like Robin Williams in The Birdcage I couldn't resist.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.