Newest Members
jake1985, cactus8, Neil Benesh, blazzeee, mmm coffee
13531 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (46), omrfople (41), zookeeper (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (Ceremony, 1 invisible), 64 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,531 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,387 Topics
491,554 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#207127 - 02/24/08 05:50 PM Med's or no Med's
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
I am hoping to get some help and suggestions regarding my hopeless or helpless feeling at this time in my recovery.

I am now on med's and I feel so "out Of It", meaning I just feel like my recovery is on hold. I have little to no feelings or emotions regarding my CSA. I go through each day like nothing happened to me, like what did happen, I could care less about. Like why am I even going to group or seeing my T.

Before when I was not on med's, just a short time ago, I had major ups and downs, but at least I did feel My pain and emotions. When down, which was most of the time, I could read or meditate and feel I was healing from my CSA. If I was triggered I could cry, If triggered I could feel sad or get angry. Now My triggers mean nothing to me.

My intentions are not to be on med's the rest of my life so I can just cope with life. I want to resolve my feelings and emotions regarding my CSA and move on a stronger and healthier me.

Any suggestions!!!!!!????????

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#207135 - 02/24/08 06:49 PM Re: Med's or no Med's [Re: KENKEN]
Dude. Offline

Loc: USA
I just went on meds a couple of weeks ago. I understand what you're saying. To be honest with you, I would rather have no emotion than to be upset all the time. What meds are you taking and what is the dose?

#207142 - 02/24/08 08:12 PM Re: Med's or no Med's *DELETED* [Re: Dude.]
awakening Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by awakening

#207158 - 02/24/08 10:02 PM Re: Med's or no Med's [Re: awakening]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Dude,

I am taking l50MG of effexor. The side effects are not too bad, just do not like the lack of feelings or emotions.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.