Newest Members
Bilbo408, JHJ, NowICanSee, rdc445, batman72
13229 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (60), Aaron7712 (50), Defiance Is Best (48), Interpreter (32), Kenn (57), RichardPaulPoill (70), soul (36), Tyler845 (29)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 43 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,229 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,561 Topics
477,087 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#206507 - 02/21/08 12:35 AM Re: Why we still feel like children. [Re: diesel]
copenbay Offline

I guess I'm only echoing what other people have said, that I at times go back to the age where I was emotionally frozen -- in my case, 2-3 on the young end and 5 1/2 on the high side. I don't give an exact age for the start time only because I don't know beyond any doubt (but it's probably before 3).
But it does help to know that, when I look at a little boy, I can think, 'Something like what happened to me should never happen to a young boy, and by God's grace, I'll do my part to see that it doesn't happen to someone else'.

#206534 - 02/21/08 02:18 AM Re: Why we still feel like children. [Re: copenbay]
endlessjourney Offline

Loc: Cincinnati Ohio
The more I look into what has happened, I've noticed that things were going wrong before my CSA. I was left alone a lot. I remember my father would never come around hardly. I was not important enough to him or so it seems. He died when I was five but I still have few memories of him. I guess we can't blame all of our problems on CSA. However, CSA does have an effect on all of our problems.

Truth is the very reason we strive to live. It surrounds and resides within us. Accepting the truths we already know and seeking out those we do not is a direct path to inner balance and joy. For life is not a means to an end, but a journey. Life comes and goes but the truth will always live on.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.