Newest Members
bushydw, Teddyboy1969, Ransuko, Lovme4me, MRSAS
13556 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Cherub (45), Wolf71 (46)
Who's Online
6 registered (Ceremony, 5 invisible), 46 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,556 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,508 Topics
492,388 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#19887 - 08/01/05 01:53 PM Re: Young people and poetry
desvelar Offline

Loc: The Wired
@ Glaukos I am a qriter I write storys I am currently writing a book I gok like 40 pages typed. I dont know where I get my Ideas from I just do I also dream up my stories when AI sleep and I remeber them then write them down.

#19889 - 08/09/05 09:21 PM Re: Young people and poetry
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Kevin and Desvelar,

Kev, you may be thinking of Bram Stoker's Dracula. It is often said that he wrote it after he overate one night and then had a terrible nightmare, but that seems to be just a legend.

Mary Shelley was the author of Frankenstein. She had run off and eloped with the poet Percy Shelley at the and of 19, and in 1816 they were visiting Byron, a friend of Percy's in Geneva. Gothic fiction was all the rage, and they decided one evening that they would each write a horror/ghost story. Mary's was about a medical student, Victor Frankenstein, who creates a monster from human parts and then has to cope with it when the monster is rejected by human society and comes looking for him. I think it is said that Mary's story is based on a dream she had.

Have you read either of these books? They are both fantastic and raise all kinds of moral and ethical issues - not at all like the famous but bland Hollywood versions! If you are into this kind of literature the original Dracula is just about the creepiest book you will ever read.

Really great literature is all about unbridled imagination, and that's what we get when we dream - our mind has nothing else to do so it just takes off in whatever direction it wants. Many poets and novelists develop in their writing ideas they got from dreams.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.