Newest Members
jake1985, cactus8, Neil Benesh, blazzeee, mmm coffee
13531 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (46), omrfople (41), zookeeper (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (Ceremony, 1 invisible), 64 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,531 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,387 Topics
491,554 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#197326 - 12/31/07 04:33 AM nedd some help, victim of "priest abuse"
mvnforwrd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Hello all,
Just woundering if there is anyone here that has been abused by a priest. I was abused by a catholic priest and I am just comming forth for help after many years of sexual abuse and emotionaly controlling abuse. I am married with kids and have recently spoke out about my abuse with my wife. Having a tough time with somethings that happened to my by a hand representing God! Message me if you want to chat thanks mvn4wrd

#197353 - 12/31/07 02:23 PM Re: nedd some help, victim of "priest abuse" [Re: mvnforwrd]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline

Loc: Lyons, CO USA
You may want to check out SNAP and resources in your area.

http://www.snapnetwork.org/

Ken

#197356 - 12/31/07 02:47 PM Re: nedd some help, victim of "priest abuse" [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I went to a local SNAP group meeting even though my abusers weren't priests. (Just looking for someone...) They were very friendly, kind and understanding.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#197358 - 12/31/07 02:49 PM Re: nedd some help, victim of "priest abuse" [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
dancr6 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: georgia
mvnforward, I am sympathetic regarding your abuse by such a powerful authority figure. Anytime someone with that much control over a child's life betrays that trust, there's a quake in the universe. I was in Boystown for a couple of years and never had a problem with any of the priests, they were all very fatherly and loving. My abuse was by two other authority figures
not related to the church. There are abusers of authority in every walk of life and the outcome is the same, I don't know if anything can ever be done to stop it but I know things can be done to heal the pain and anquish caused by it. Here is definately a good place to start. When it comes to picking healing partners "EXPERTO CREDE".

lOVINGLY,
Dan

#197379 - 12/31/07 04:49 PM Re: nedd some help, victim of "priest abuse" [Re: dancr6]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
mvnforwrd,

Many of us were abused by priests or clergy and I'm sure any topic you begin will be well-supported. Have you considered posting your concerns in the spirituality forum?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#197384 - 12/31/07 05:20 PM Re: nedd some help, victim of "priest abuse" [Re: roadrunner]
dancr6 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: georgia
mvn4wrd,
I just re-read my response and it sounds like I am defending priests, I will never defend a perp regardless of the clothing he hides behind. My point was that any person who is entrusted with authority over another person has a responsibility to uphold that trust. A wolf that looks like a sheep is still a wolf.

Lovingly,
Dan

#197385 - 12/31/07 05:22 PM Re: nedd some help, victim of "priest abuse" [Re: roadrunner]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
mvnforwd

I was abused by the parish priest at 11yo back in 1961. He died 4 years later at the age of 69. I wonder how many boys he abused in all those years. PM me if you want to talk, I came forward in 2002 and could give you some info on the process of dealing with them, The Catholic Church.

Tom

Edited by Muldoon (01/01/08 06:40 PM)

#197466 - 01/01/08 01:06 AM Re: nedd some help, victim of "priest abuse" [Re: Muldoon]
mvnforwrd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
That is true about any abuser with a stigma(priest, teacher, doctor). I guess I should have added I am specifically looking to find out how survivors of sexual abuse by catholic priest dealt with the church. What there experiences were with the church and the churches processes.
Happy new year and thankyou , MVN4WRD

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.