Newest Members
Muyoso, kaa, bsm, davkli, GMan
13205 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob Wheelock (80), iciyapitate (52), Seekingwisdom (58), The Dean (80)
Who's Online
3 registered (ForeverFighting, Ceremony, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,205 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,417 Topics
476,066 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#194910 - 12/12/07 12:18 AM Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I'm looking to listen, share experiences and give support with other male survivors in the Twin Cities area. I can't find a group for this and I'm even considering organizing one. I know of people who have done it and have some ideas about it.

I know of:
SNAP once a month,
The Men's Center,
Adult Children of Sexual Dysfunction (no contact info)

None of these are the weekly, 6 or more men support oriented kind of group I think I want. I guess I was hoping for something free, i.e. peer leaders. So:

Any other groups I should know about?
Contact me (post here or PM) if you'd consider joining so I can gauge interest if I try to start a group.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#194964 - 12/12/07 10:56 AM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: LandOfShadow]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Depending where it is, I could come. \:\) I bus it, so it's more difficult. But I'm in the Twin Cities too.

I don't know of any other group that's specifically for survivors. \:\(

Good luck!

#194971 - 12/12/07 12:20 PM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: AndyJB2005]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Hi! and Thanks! Andy--I'll keep updating in this thread for any who are interested.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#195040 - 12/13/07 12:00 AM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: LandOfShadow]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
This is great 2 new guys from the cities. I couldn't come to a meeting weekly but would like to get together sometime when I am in the cities. I live 2 hours away but am up there a lot.

I think the men's center has a weekly meeting for survivors.

Tom

#195097 - 12/13/07 01:44 PM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: Muldoon]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
I also thought The Mens Center had weekly meetings - I was just about to call them and see if I could join - but then my employer put me on 2nd shift - so I am unable to make the meetings - but hopefully when I get a new job I'll be able to attend their meetings - I'm a hour and a half away - but I think it would be well worth the trips

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#195125 - 12/13/07 06:44 PM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: TJ jeff]
mike5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Originally Posted By: TJ jeff
I also thought The Mens Center had weekly meetings

Looks like they do - their web site is http://www.tcmc.org/

Mike5

#195171 - 12/13/07 11:53 PM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: mike5]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oh wow!!! I'm totally going to the CSA one, and perhaps another one, too. Easy enough to get to, by bus.

Thanks for this info guys! Been looking for a group for myself, and I got two!

#195182 - 12/14/07 04:08 AM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: AndyJB2005]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
I have an Idea and would like to run it by you guys.

What about us getting together once a month for a live peer support group meeting, I know through being part of the the Healing Circles that peer support can be a very powerful tool in our healing.

We could get together on a Saturday am for a few hour at some restraut that has a private room. Let me know what you think.

Tom

#195225 - 12/14/07 12:12 PM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: Muldoon]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Tom,

excellent idea!!!

count me in \:\)

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#195250 - 12/14/07 02:32 PM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: TJ jeff]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I can probably come, but another group I hope to go to meets on Saturdays from 10am - 12am, at the men's center. Let me know when and where and I'll work it out!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.