Newest Members
Bilbo408, JHJ, NowICanSee, rdc445, batman72
13229 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (60), Aaron7712 (50), Defiance Is Best (48), Interpreter (32), Kenn (57), RichardPaulPoill (70), soul (36), Tyler845 (29)
Who's Online
4 registered (betrayed boy, Blvd1236, genedebs, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,229 Registered Members
75 Forums
68,567 Topics
477,124 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#188341 - 10/22/07 07:54 AM Questioning the abuse - possible triggers
pietie Offline

Loc: South Africa
For some reason I am having a tough time about the abuse again. For quiet some time it has been going well but for the past few days there is a lot of questions again.

My biggest problem remains that sometimes I still blame myself. I still feel that somehow I gave my perp the wrong impression of me, that I attaracted him because of things I did. One of the reasons that I dont see some of what happened as abuse is because he was only 3 years older than me. Everytime he sat on my face and forced me to sattisfy him orally he did the same for me. I usually were done before him and somehow I then got so disgusted I were able to tuen my head away and not sattisfy him. Now the thinking patern is this. Didn't I perhaps, because of not sattisfying him make him come back every time? Although a few times he actually were sattisfied he did it to me again afterwards. The second thing and this is really bothering me. Why could I get my head turned away when I was sattisfied but every time he started it I didnt try to much. Didnt I perhaps want it then?

Every time he did it to me he had to pin me to the ground. Every time he had to force my mouth open and yet I feel I wanted it because I did not struggle more or scream for help.

Another thing, how do I get to a point of accepting that some of the things I did was due to him. I know exactly why he stopped raping me. I am too ashamed to say why but it was something that I believe happened due to the perverted image I had of sex. I sometimes wonder if he didnt see what he did if he would not have still continued sattisfying me. I just dont know. These question just seems to pop up every now and then and I just feel I could have done more to stop him from doing it to me for 5 long years.

Not Perfect, just forgiven

#188343 - 10/22/07 08:07 AM Re: Questioning the abuse - possible triggers [Re: pietie]
Still Offline

Loc: FEMA Region 1
I was talkng to someone about defining all of the aspects of the relations as "abuse." He was saying that I really need to see ALL of it as abuse in order to move-on. I have this problem with the fact that I perpetuated things from age 10-14.

I realize that I was programed to act-out as I did from 10-14. However, it was what it was. That is, I went looking for sex during those years more than they came looking for me. I initiated plenty of times.

Additionally, my lead-perp Dean served as a source of great comfort and a retreat to security when things were bad at home during those years. So I was programed, so I was driven to him/them/it...yes conditions were right for me to be used....but I stil have that memory of ME being the initiator. I was programed for sex...but I also had some degree of control.

So yeah...I know what you are talking about.

But I'm also told I need to see that had the initial rapes never taken place, I would have never been in an acting-out mode.

It can be a vicious circle of thought, blame, guilt... I hate it all.

#188361 - 10/22/07 12:46 PM Re: Questioning the abuse - possible triggers [Re: Still]
jf Offline

robbie i think i'm in that position now. i just came from a therapy session (i'm feeling a lot better since my last post). my t told be that i really need to start thinking about different kinds of abuse. i think she feels that i'm in another abusive situation now but it doesn't feel like it to me because i kind of have control of the situation.
things are pretty tough in my life right now and i'm finding solace in a guy (my first voluntary relationship with a guy). even though hes kind of cheating on me...and its starting to feel like i'm just being used for sex. but i'm choosing to go back there you know? even if i don't feel so good about it. does this sound kinda on the same lines?

#188366 - 10/22/07 01:05 PM Re: Questioning the abuse - possible triggers [Re: jf]
pain4ever Offline

I have been there...knowing the guy was cheating ad not caring because I just want someone to be with...dont sell yourself short though!!! You deserve someone who can be just yours and treat you like a partner.

Peace and Tranquility all depends on your frame of reference.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.