Newest Members
meekness, jake1985, cactus8, Neil Benesh, blazzeee
13532 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (47), Dupe1978 (39), James_Is_Talking (39), K-man (61), LordShiningStarr (39), ricky (54), Shawn Hope (32), teresa (45), Warner82 (35)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 71 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,532 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,391 Topics
491,574 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#177805 - 09/02/07 06:56 PM Re: Gay or Straight? [Re: Jarrad]
Frog Offline

Loc: Arizona

It sucks that we even have to have conversations like this...

I have questioned my 'straightness' a lot...

because of my CSA this question comes up a lot...

A LOT...

my real father traded my mom and one more marriage for a gay lifestyle...

this is very confusing for me...

all my csa encounters w/ men don't help either...

then add the 'labels' society puts on the things I enjoy...

FUCK...I AM CONFUSED...

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment, "The one I feed the most."

#177806 - 09/02/07 07:09 PM Re: Gay or Straight? [Re: Frog]
Frog Offline

plus the fact that when I was 19 and was sent to prison...

the repeated rape...

I could go either way...

what a harsh TRUTH/REALITY to face...

FUCK...FUCK...FUCK...FUCK...FUCK...

A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: "Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time." When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment, "The one I feed the most."

#177809 - 09/02/07 07:19 PM Re: Gay or Straight? [Re: Frog]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
dude. there is nothing wrong with being gay. just like there is nothing wrong with being straight.

#177846 - 09/02/07 09:48 PM Re: Gay or Straight? [Re: Jarrad]
SECfanMIKE Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South Carolina
FROG...

Lemme see if I understand your post...

You like grilling out all the time (I hate the grease, effort, & heat)

You enjoy doing the laundry (I do it and sorta like it - mostly like that it gets done!)

You like cleaning your house (fortunately, my 21 year old son would rather daily vacuum the house and do a weekly cleaning than pay his share of the car insurance)

You can design a room (that's ALWAYS bee my responsibility in our 22+ years of marriage - from where the furniture goes to where every picture will be hung)

You like various types of music (I like stuff from classical to oldies to jazz to something as off-beat as the B-52s)

You like to co-ordinate your clothing (For me, that means making sure I have a shirt AND pants on!)

You like wine and beer (I'm assuming that this is more classy stuff than "Ripple" or IRON CITY beer)

You enjoy serving others (so does my Sweetie...good thing for me!!)

You watch FOOD NETWORK (I wanna throw a brick at the TV whenever Sandra Lee comes on; but we love Paula Deen as well as DINERS , DRIVE-INS & DIVES...when Robin Miller's show comes on, I ALWAYS sing to my Sweetie - "...she's crazy but I love her, I love my crazy wife..."!!!)

You like bold, expressive suits (I haven't owned a suit in 25 years)

You're sensitive to others feelings (Just ask anybody I've trampled in the LOUNGE, they'll tell you that I'm a "bull-in-a-china-shop)
===============================================================
SO... it sounds like you could easily replace the whole cast of "QUEER EYE FOR THE STRAIGHT GUY"...

...but, Like Jarrad said, NONE of that makes you gay!!!

Mike ;-)

"...rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep..."

"...for the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost..."

#177979 - 09/03/07 08:07 AM Re: Gay or Straight? [Re: SECfanMIKE]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

Frog,

When you envision yourself with a partner to live your life with, is that person a male or female?

#177983 - 09/03/07 08:41 AM Re: Gay or Straight? [Re: Dewey2k]
Frog Offline

Dewey2k..I see a female...

#178082 - 09/04/07 12:46 AM Re: Gay or Straight? [Re: Frog]
Ianm Offline
New Here

Loc: England
i'd say your straight and you've got nothing to worry about. its like that other fella said your only gay if you shag men, if you don't shag men then your not gay! wat you say on the first page is the equvilant of saying am i gay because i watch television, NO your gay if you shag men, its like am i straight if I play football and stella, No! your straight if you shag women. I think you need to stop labelling things as gay and straight and do watever, otherwise if you fear being gay you will shut down your more sensitive side because you end fearing it and thus fearing yourself which is destructive! everyone has a sensitive side and a hardened side i like to cook too mate there's nothing wrong with that, i'm gonna be moving in with my girlfriend and i'm gonna be doing the cooking and she does the other stuff. look how many male chefs are on tv is Gordon Ramsey gay i think not mate, try not to look into loads of other things to find your answer you already know it your straight straight straight straight straight straight straight straight straight straight straight straight!! lol hope this has helped you out a little all the best Ian!!!!

#178131 - 09/04/07 10:24 AM Re: Gay or Straight? [Re: Jarrad]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Frog,

A lot of the things you mention in your first post here may be associated with the stereotypes society has about gay men - and straight men for that matter. But they have nothing to do with your sexuality.

Quite apart from that, if you were gay there would be nothing wrong with that.

I like Dwayne's litmus test: When you think of the person you would like to share your life with, is it a man or a woman? I don't mean just in terms of sex, which is only the physical side of a relationship. It's about feeling emotionally fulfilled and content with someone "just because you're you".

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#178265 - 09/04/07 11:17 PM Re: Gay or Straight? [Re: roadrunner]
Frog Offline

I could go either way...that's BI...I'm just confused...
I went to a "strip club" this past weekend and wasn't aroused...
A friend of mine works bar there and we chatted all night...
she intro'd me to all the working girls...it was cool...
met some pretty cool girls...wished they were sober but I guess
they have to be to do that...most of the girls would not
talk to me unless I cashed $$$ them...finally just told
them I was gay...man they opened right up...the conversations we had....

#178268 - 09/04/07 11:22 PM Re: Gay or Straight? [Re: Frog]
Frog Offline

there have been times I wouldn't think about taking an
attractive guy I've met "camping"...ya know...I do get confused
and then just turn into some fucking monster...trying to
convince myself I'm not attracted to men...It's not all
the time, just every now and then I get this "feeling" and
it's about a guy....even though I love the female form,
even there genitalia...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.