Newest Members
JamesHere, hamani, bryn89, Jack86, briopiuh
13780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (44), army77 (58), bc22 (51), DavidMI (44), Forrest_Gump (43), Jay1946 (72), Malc4 (33), mpm01 (53), widpaulman (47)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jack86, betrayed boy, 1 invisible), 40 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,780 Registered Members
75 Forums
71,695 Topics
500,736 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1758 - 07/30/06 10:36 PM Re: Self Worth!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Dave,

I have problems relating to boundaries because I was threatened with my life, so maybe this keeps me from feeling safe with men.

I know its stupid, and I should let them in, but what if I f*ck up some friendship!
You have to think of the years that I spent protecting my family from someone who is 'coming to kill them', and yes, I was only a ten yo who thought that adults were always right and truthful in their acts towards kids.

Then when I get to women, I wear the mask, and a woman sees through it, and says hey, whats wrong, and the inner me thinks, oh, forget it.

But I cannot guage inner feelings no more, and yet I thought I could.
I tend to think, OH, what are you going to do when you know I am a f*cked up man.

Will you still want to know me, or run away like all the others!
I am just sick of abuse controlling the whole of my life like being a leper.

Abuse caused me to put up masks in society to protect myself, but I think they may be coming down, I hope.

Its like this; if I meet a girl, where the f*ck do I start, and should I even tell her, but I vowed to always tell a girl who I am.

I cannot really understand how any girl would love me, especially if they know my real life,

ste

#1759 - 07/30/06 11:11 PM Re: Self Worth!
surfdude Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Hawaii
STE,

I have so many things to be grateful for and had a few accomplishments yet I feel that it is not enough to overcome my CSA and my weird coping mechanisms. Sometimes I wonder if I am trying too hard to be a good person to make up for my awful bad side.

I have friends who don't know about my CSA issues and wonder is they would all disappear if they did. It adds to my loneliness.

I've told women I had relationships with about my CSA. Currently I don't have a relationship. My last real one ended a couple weeks after I told her. I too am hesistant to approach them thinking they can sense something wrong with me just as perps can sense vunerable little boys.

A big part of me wants a relationship but I too feel that it will never happen.

Lately though I have been reading posts here on the Friends and Family board. There are some really supportive women there. It gives me a little hope. My problem is that my head knows but my heart needs to catch up. I can know something intellectually but emotionally it doesn't sink in.

Thanks for bringing up this topic. Sorry you have these issues but it's comforting for me to know I am not the only one.

Sunny

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND at the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.