Newest Members
mmm coffee, Calibre09, FallGuy2154, Whoamitoday, Joe4618
13527 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Broken1968 (49), frankC (64), Free to be Me (63), ivor1986 (31), ivor_1987 (31), osujtp (2017), SeanTennessee (38), Shields (40), tresheridas (76)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 69 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,527 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,358 Topics
491,339 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#173291 - 08/15/07 12:12 AM Landfill "Therapy"
FormerTexan Offline
Administrator

Loc: Denver, CO
I went to Texas to visit my brother, hauling a bunch of obsolete computer equipment in my truck. The bunch of junk was destined for the heap, per my brother's plan. We took it to the local dump and searched for the area where they accepted old monitors, printers, etc. My brother and I took turns throwing ... heaving this and that onto the pile. I quickly sensed enjoyment as I threw each piece with a vengeance.

We then went to another part of the dump and emptied out his truck, which had some old fence posts and boards in it. I threw a board at the pile on the ground and heard something shatter. My brother jokingly said "There's no need to get violent." My board had struck some old piece of decorative ceramic. I picked that board up and threw it at the ceramic two more times to hear it shatter more, nearly laughing as I did. My brother said something to bring me back to the moment and we left.

I'm not one to normally take stuff and throw it on the ground to make a mess, but I must say this visit to the dump felt good. Letover anger? I don't know. I just know I got a kick out of taking this stuff and throwing it, breaking other stuff in the process.

Andy

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#173301 - 08/15/07 12:42 AM Re: Landfill "Therapy" [Re: FormerTexan]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

cool------------i allways liked dumps as a kid--------------would spend a lot of time there---------then draging some stuff home------------------------steve

#173311 - 08/15/07 01:30 AM Re: Landfill "Therapy" [Re: sabata]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Waldport, Oregon
Andy,

I think that there's something inside all little boys that just loves to wreak havoc and break things. Such enjoyment cannot be had for a cheaper price!

John

#173397 - 08/15/07 01:35 PM Re: Landfill "Therapy" [Re: WalkingSouth]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

Andy,

Maybe it was a bit of left over anger, but I think John has it right. Boys love to destroy things just because. I did that a lot as a kid and figured out that there wasn't a little man in the radio, and that a thermostat wasn't just a thing hanging on the wall (sorry Gramps!).

Edited by Dewey2k (08/15/07 01:35 PM)

#173442 - 08/15/07 05:06 PM Re: Landfill "Therapy" [Re: Dewey2k]
sportinrucks Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
Sounds like funn when I would go into a place like the Pottery Barn... I would always think, that would be cool if I had enough money to buy the place out and break things in there.

#173523 - 08/15/07 11:37 PM Re: Landfill "Therapy" [Re: sportinrucks]
froggy12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Marlboro, MA 01752
Yup. Like to destroy. I remember once on the day after Halloween. I was in Catholic school and we had off (holy day) and I was also an altar boy. Me and the other kid had to serve at the 5:30 a.m. Mass and on our way home we passed an office with a huge plate glass window. The urge to smash it overcame our pious duties. We got a huge rock and hurled it right at the middle. The rock bounced right back. It wasn't glass. What a shock. Damn. No guilt to savor later on as I ate my candy.

Now I just run over old nuns in my car. Too easy though.

Yup. I am a sick bastard. Hey, some one's gotta be one.

froggy

#173539 - 08/16/07 12:19 AM Re: Landfill "Therapy" [Re: froggy12]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Andy,

Hey, what's the point of taking stuff to the dump if you can't hear things smash as a reward for all your effort? \:D Glad you had that fun time with your brother, and glad too that Little Andy got to play. ;\)

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#173542 - 08/16/07 12:25 AM Re: Landfill "Therapy" [Re: roadrunner]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Froggy,

I loved the old nuns part the best!!!

Nuns...Grrrrrrrr...

Dave

#173668 - 08/16/07 05:49 PM Re: Landfill "Therapy" [Re: ttoon]
Stefan012 Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
sounds like a lot of fun!

No they can't take them away, so they won't

#173692 - 08/16/07 07:46 PM Re: Landfill "Therapy" [Re: Stefan012]
user2007 Offline

Wow, I really don't like landfills, but breaking sth sounds a really good way to get rid of left anger. I hope people at home don't miss the family generations' cups. Haha

PS: Just kidding!

All this pavement"

~ John Mayer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.