Newest Members
mmm coffee, Calibre09, FallGuy2154, Whoamitoday, Joe4618
13527 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Broken1968 (49), frankC (64), Free to be Me (63), ivor1986 (31), ivor_1987 (31), osujtp (2017), SeanTennessee (38), Shields (40), tresheridas (76)
Who's Online
4 registered (iaccus, LinEar, house, 1 invisible), 70 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,527 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,358 Topics
491,339 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#162865 - 06/22/07 05:36 PM "coming home" "Triggering"
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by ttoon (07/09/07 11:05 AM)

#162866 - 06/22/07 05:46 PM Re: "coming home" "Triggering" [Re: ttoon]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Wow. I don't know what else to say - so much power and such a vivid "painting".

Thank you for sharing another piece of your heart.

M

#163166 - 06/25/07 12:12 AM Re: "coming home" "Triggering" [Re: MarkK]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
ttoon,

I can't imagine any survivor who would fail to see in the hopelessness, innocence and defenselessness you portray here, some part of his own pain and despair from the days of the lightning, the dark and the waves.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#171244 - 08/06/07 02:54 AM Re: "coming home" "Triggering" [Re: roadrunner]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Putting this back...

:-)

“I know this place,” he said. “Where the dew is on the grass and the freshly mowed lawn sticks to my feet. Where the sun rises in a cloudless sky and the colors are not tempered or tinted by the weight of the previous day’s humidity. There is a breeze, just enough, not too much. To comfort, not to disappoint or discourage.”

“It is here,” he said. “Where I came to find, the solitude, the solace, in my time. Where lies are told to ease the pain as the lightning strikes on a starless night. It was the end. It was the beginning. Another life, another time. Where the air is heavy and I can not breathe, and prayers are dreams. I whisper in the dark, I believe.”

“I am scared,” he said, to an empty sky. In words too familiar but never said out loud. There are tears on the grass from a voice never heard, as he lay dying. There are sheets that rise as they breathe in the breeze on an old clothesline. “I am too young, I am too weak, I am too old,” he said. There is blood on the grass this time.

“I want,” he says, but has forgotten the words. No favor, no fortune, no benefit. Alone he weaves the tear stained grass around him, finding familiar comfort in the solitude, shelter in the only thing that is his. The light fades and the lightning strikes…but no sound is heard. The little boy is gone.

Memory fades and dreams are scattered across a clear blue sky. A young man emerges with paper wings, waiting anxiously for them to dry. It is the beginning. It is the end. Conviction finds fortune, proving that he can fly. “I need,” he says, “nothing from you, I want nothing more.” But when the lightning strikes on starless nights, the dreams call out, “come home.”

“Stay with me,“ he said. Grief is a shadow as the sun goes down, where the horizon meets the sky. In words too familiar, a voice still not heard, the storm clouds start to gather. Truth invades, there is blood on the grass, the sheets are tattered and worn. The young man schemes using forgotten dreams, the paper wings are torn.

“Do you love me?” The man said, to the little boy that lay dying. “I do not,” the little boy thought, but knew that he was lying. “I try so hard,” the drunk man said. “I am so alone.” The lightning strikes through drunken tears, “please,” he whispers, “come home.” The poverty of loss is a distant voice, forgotten now, not dead. “Yes,“ he says, in a familiar voice. The man pulls back the sheets from the bed.

Pain screams as the lightning strikes, then into the dark disappears. Paper wings can only bring you home, not back again. White cotton glows, in pale moon light, “help me, father,” the little boy whispers. But the father dreams of other things when darkness becomes night. The lightning strikes again and again as the little boy lay drowning. Until the waves pass gently over him, the dreams calling out, “come home.”

Because you have traveled so far with me, I will tell you now the words. “I am scared, I want…I need…stay with me, I can not do this alone. Stay until the sun comes up, where the dew is on the grass and the freshly mowed lawn sticks to our feet. Where the sun rises in a cloudless sky and the colors are not tempered or tinted by the weight of the previous day’s humidity. There is a breeze, just enough, not too much. To comfort, not to disappoint or discourage.”

“Come home…”

#171250 - 08/06/07 03:08 AM Re: "coming home" "Triggering" [Re: ttoon]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
i'm glad it's back.

#171592 - 08/07/07 11:29 AM Re: "coming home" "Triggering" [Re: MarkK]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Me too Dave. You needed to say all that and you needed to have it seen.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#172393 - 08/10/07 06:21 PM Re: "coming home" "Triggering" [Re: roadrunner]
emptydreamer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Midwest USA
As usual I'm impressed, again.

I do enjoy reading your stuff, more than you can imagine!

Best wishes and warmest regards,
Scott

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.