Newest Members
JamesHere, hamani, bryn89, Jack86, briopiuh
13780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (48), eagle299 (47), H18 (25), JJJ (47), mariposaman (67), SevenTwoTwo76 (43), TexAgMan (41), waiter (48), wgwarch (59)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,780 Registered Members
75 Forums
71,700 Topics
500,769 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#487454 - 08/23/15 06:46 PM Re: god------trigger [Re: roadrunner]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: 𝒪 𝒦anada
Originally Posted By: roadrunner
It might be safe and reassuring in a kind of bovine way, but we would be on strings in a divine puppet theatre.

Originally Posted By: FormerTexan
I like that Larry: the Divine versus the Bovine.

i agree, FormerTexan.
brilliant & poignant.
roadrunner nailed it.

War
Love
Poetry

#487579 - 08/25/15 04:27 PM Re: god------trigger [Re: sabata]
Abir Offline

Loc: S.C.
First let me say that yes God gives us life but he does not control our feelings, our actions, our attractions, in short he does not control us. We are all born with free will and we are also born in bondage to Original Sin. From the moment we enter this world we are sinners and no matter how moral, goodhearted, trustworthy, or any other good thing we still must repent of our sins and be born again through the cleansing blood of Christ Jesus. That was His reason for coming, dying and rising from the dead, because humans are incapable of getting to heaven through their own good works.
Secondly, let's talk about why things bad things happen. There are evil forces, dominions, and powers at work just as the goodness of God is at work. Now we have to understand that our short lives here of 75 to 100 years are only a vapor weighed against the immensity of eternity. As humans, the first thing we want to do is find someone to blame but do not blame God! The Bible says that the devil is the prince of the powers of the air on earth, it is Satan that causes these things to happen. Some of you may be asking yourselves, "Well can't God stop Satan from doing this that is going to cause me so much pain? " And the answer is yes, God is all-powerful, He is also all-knowing and it is His will that we come to Him and allow Him to be our strength and our answer because the Lord knows He is able to heal us from any damage that the devil can cause.
In conclusion it is important, no necessary that we trust in God and seek Him for, not only our healing, but the salvation of our souls. If you read in the Bible you know Jesus is explicit in assuring us that, as Christians, we are going to be persecuted, hated, turned on by family and friends and stuffer both physical and mental anguish and desperation. Think of the suffering that Jesus went through not only near the end but all through His life, so by expecting our lives to be a "crystal stair", essentially we are demanding better treatment than the Son of God, who is the Word of God made flesh. We burden ourselves with crosses that God does not intend our shoulders to bear, then we wonder why we can't heal or even glimpse freedom.

#487600 - 08/26/15 01:12 AM Re: god------trigger [Re: sabata]
victor-victim Offline

amen, abir.

War
Love
Poetry

#487651 - 08/26/15 11:50 PM Re: god------trigger [Re: sabata]
LinEar Offline

Loc: USA
Amen brother

My silence is my self-defense.

If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep.

#487743 - 08/28/15 08:11 PM Re: god------trigger [Re: sabata]
victor-victim Offline

if God is a trigger! i say "Pull it!"
Concrete Blonde says "God is a bullet"

War
Love
Poetry

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND at the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.