Newest Members
cactus8, Neil Benesh, blazzeee, mmm coffee, Calibre09
13530 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Asmodeus (34), comeath3 (78), Poo (53), Roy (56), Skeeter (58), tazrad (46), Treehugger75 (42), waterworld (56)
Who's Online
5 registered (blacken, Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC, LaneFiasco95, 2 invisible), 81 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13,530 Registered Members
75 Forums
70,380 Topics
491,491 Posts

Most users ever online: 418 @ 07/02/12 11:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#159938 - 06/05/07 08:40 AM have seen the perp
Nate Offline

Loc: USA
i've seen one of my perps several times these last two months. (I was sexually abused at age 7, and then raped by a friend last March).

it's been weird seeing him. I work in the mall. its a small city so it seems everything is connected. in fact friends of his have started working w/ me or there seems to be some connection...friends or friends..etc.

i've been tryintg my best to ignore it all..but the truth is - it is scary and it pisses me off. how dare he betray my trust and friendship? how dare he more so even come into my presense. the other day i felt he was testing me. he came w/ a friend into the fitting rooms where i was working. she tried on stuff...but didn't buy anything.

guess its been hard. has brought up lots of anger i didn't know was still in me.

i'm going to bed.

- Corita Kent

#159950 - 06/05/07 11:40 AM Re: have seen the perp [Re: Nate]
pain4ever Offline

Nate,

Thats good let out the anger. You have a right to be mad. In a small city like I was raised, I bump into my perps, thats why I have decided to move. Maybe not the best strategie...but it works for me.

Don't ingore your feelings, work with them.

Brian

#160070 - 06/05/07 11:14 PM Re: have seen the perp [Re: pain4ever]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Nate,

I totally agree with Brian's comment. Own those feelings and let them express themselves. That will give you the basis for dealing with things.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#160268 - 06/06/07 07:25 PM Re: have seen the perp [Re: roadrunner]
Patrick63 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Knoxville, Tennessee
wow. I am glad that my perps live in another state. If I saw them on a consistent basis, I might be tempted to do them bodily harm

#160283 - 06/06/07 09:22 PM Re: have seen the perp [Re: Patrick63]
Nate Offline

Loc: USA
thanks guys

its just hard to accept the feelings sometimes. i've always wished this wasn't a part of me - i guess in many ways i still need to own what happened.

this morning i woke up on the side of the bed where i was raped. i was on my stomach. sort of brought a flash back back. i need to own the emotions. u guys are right.

thanks to all

- Corita Kent

#160287 - 06/06/07 10:29 PM Re: have seen the perp [Re: Nate]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Nate,

I ran from the pain and the perp. I now have moved back to my home town, St. Louis, and am trying to turn my anger into something positive.

11 years after I was raped, I ran into my perp at another scout function. He walked over to me and offered me his hand for a handshake. I was furious, and he acted like nothing ever happened. The next day, I started to run. Now 19 years later, I am working on helping others.(for more info read my post "Life is what you make it")

Turn your anger towards doing good.

Love you,
Carl

"Scoutvictim"

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#160289 - 06/06/07 10:52 PM Re: have seen the perp [Re: Scoutvictim]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
I've seen all four of mine. Talk about scary as hell and delayed shock and anger...and confusion. I hate the confusion!

Confusion = "they got too far inside my head!!!!"

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.